Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ambro

Young to the NFL

Don't get me wrong, I think Vick's as exciting as they get but he is just absolutely brutal as a passer. Sure he can throw it 70+ yards on a flick of the wrist, but the only receivers he can hit are Jenkins, Crumpler and Finneran and that's because they're freakin' monsters.

I'm not the only one who thinks it:

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Dr...arlyEntries.htm

Vince Young, QB Texas

Projected: Top five pick

Good or bad move? He might be the future of the NFL. Think Michael Vick if he was a quarterback

I'm not sure we are reading that blurb the same way. The "he" in "Think Michael Vick if he was a quarterback" I take to refer to Vick, i.e. "Think Vick if Vick was a quarterback". To me, that's saying Young IS a quarterback with Vick-like ability, which is quite a compliment.

Anyways - drafting NFL quarterbacks has to be the biggest crapshoot in pro sports. There is an endless list of QBs who were drafted very high and turned out to be bums. Someone listed a bunch earlier on. There will be more Rick Mirers, Dan McGwires, Akili Smiths, Ryan Leafs and Cade McNowns every year.

The draft is a crapshoot for every position, it's just that QBs usually get taken higher and therefore are always considered huge busts when they don't pan out.

How about RBs... William Green, TJ Duckett, Curtis Enis, Lawrence Phillips, Ki-Jana Carter, Rashaan Salaam, Tommy Vardell, etc.

And that's exactly how I read it too. It's praising Young and trashing Vick.

but it's always a lot easier when you have the kind of offensive line that he did in college.

i would say VY's line was as good or even better then USC, they had 3 all american lineman, thats why VY is smart to leave, i believe he would struggle more next year in college because he would have 3 new lineman. lineman make or break the career for many QB's, ask David Carr

There will be more Rick Mirers, Dan McGwires, Akili Smiths, Ryan Leafs and Cade McNowns every year.

Alex Smith and Arron Rodgers will be included on that list in a few years.

There will be more Rick Mirers, Dan McGwires, Akili Smiths, Ryan Leafs and Cade McNowns every year.

Alex Smith and Arron Rodgers will be included on that list in a few years.

I forgot about guys like Andre Ware, David Klingler, Jim Druckenmiller, and Todd Marinovich. Tim Couch was moderately successful but I'm sure most Browns fans would count him as a bust.

Druckenmiller was just a complete goddamn retard. When you board the wrong plane to a game you have no business being in the NFL, let alone being employed in general. That and "alleged rapist" is never anything you want hanging over your head.

Damn, I'm watching some goofy skills comp on ESPN and Vernon Davis looks like a beast at TE. Chad Jackson looks solid at WR too. DeAngelo Williams will be a good RB as long as they never, ever, ever, evereverever throw the ball to him. Ever.

Edit: Even if it's being held in Miami, someone's been holding up a Sage Rosenfels jersey. I'd only be amazed if it weren't him holding it up.

Yea I saw that the other day. I liked the Round the World kicking drill... Gostkowski was drilling them. And yea, Davis is gonna be the next Tony Gonzalez.