Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pldhockey4

high school hockey

ok.

well first of all my team beat the 1st place team and we are in last. YAY.

but the whole point of this toopic is was the game after mine.

the #2 team was playing like the team above us. First period was mainly rough checks, but no fighting. The second period was CRAZY. About 7 minutes into it there was one fight. 3 guys from one team were thrown out. 1 guys from the other team were thrown out. The referees spent about 20 minutes discussing things and finally after 20 minutes sent another guy out. the rest of the period was long and boring. score 6-3 bad team winning.

period 3 was even worse. about 8 minutes left in the period once again there was a fight. The refs kina watched and didnt get in there real quick. The fight was against the boards, so a guy form one of the teams decided to reach over the glass from the stands and hit the kid in the helmet who was fighting. After that fight 3 more from one team were kicked off and 3 from the other including the guy from the stands. the rest of the game was basically head hunting.

At the end of the game the better team won 9-6 and there were over 30 penaltys total and 11 guys kicked out with about 15 games suspension total

both coaches were also suspended for the next game due to excessive penaltys.

our refs let this game get way out of hand. it was crazy. Have you all ever seen anything like this?

Refs can't prevent people from taking penalties. The players chose to make the game a joke and it sounds like they were punished for doing so. Had the refs just gien them roughing minors or misconducts they obviously would have been at fault.

It depends. If the refs let a lot of stuff go that maybe caused the problems to escalate then it could have been their fault. However, if they were clamping down on the game and the kids still kept the crap up, then shame on the players.

I've seen it happen a few times. Our High school system has a 2 strike rule, and any 2 suspensions result in a full year ban from all sports, so it's pretty heavy. That includes hits from behind and mouthing off game misconducts. It works well for 90% of the season, but in the play-offs, you know at the end of the game some of the grade 12 (seniors) or kids who are going to junior are going to fight, so it's kind've crappy. Our HS refs are very weak because of the game times (3-4pm starts) and its difficult to get people capable of handling that age.

I've seen it happen a few times. Our High school system has a 2 strike rule, and any 2 suspensions result in a full year ban from all sports, so it's pretty heavy. That includes hits from behind and mouthing off game misconducts. It works well for 90% of the season, but in the play-offs, you know at the end of the game some of the grade 12 (seniors) or kids who are going to junior are going to fight, so it's kind've crappy. Our HS refs are very weak because of the game times (3-4pm starts) and its difficult to get people capable of handling that age.

if that was here one of my best friends got in his 2nd figght, thatd suck because he wouldnt be able to play baseball next year and hes pretty good

yeah our refs suck really bad.

Some players have 1-2 penalties a year, while others have 20-30 penalties.

Who should get the blame there -- the players or the refs?

There are times when you can lay some of the blame on the refs but more often than not it's the players and coaches. No matter how badly a ref screws up a call it never forces two players to drop their gloves and throw punches. At some point players have to accept responsibility for their actions.

Some players have 1-2 penalties a year, while others have 20-30 penalties.

Who should get the blame there -- the players or the refs?

There are times when you can lay some of the blame on the refs but more often than not it's the players and coaches. No matter how badly a ref screws up a call it never forces two players to drop their gloves and throw punches. At some point players have to accept responsibility for their actions.

very good point. the refs can poorly oficiate, yet they cant force you to fight, i guess it is just self controll thats needed.

100th post

Part of the problem is the coaches. It seems that most don't care what type of penalties their players take. On my old HS team, if you took a stupid penalty, you would miss a shift or two, and the coach would be all over you at the next practice. My team quickly learned not to take dumb penalties. Sometimes you are going to take a penalties, but often you can avoid penalties just be playing with your head. To keep things for getting out of control refs, coaches, and players have be responible.

Part of the problem is the coaches. It seems that most don't care what type of penalties their players take. On my old HS team, if you took a stupid penalty, you would miss a shift or two, and the coach would be all over you at the next practice. My team quickly learned not to take dumb penalties. Sometimes you are going to take a penalties, but often you can avoid penalties just be playing with your head. To keep things for getting out of control refs, coaches, and players have be responible.

the coach on one team talked to his players for 45 minutes after the game. They finally got to leave at 10:45, when the game started at 7, the parents werent happy.

i think that at their nexxt practice it will be skating the whole time.

I hate when I ref and I send a kid to the box for something dangerous and his coach tells him it was a "good hit"

in both of my high school leagues (inline and ice) there has been some crazy stuff going on with not much penalty behind it. in one of the first ice games, i got knocked in to the other teams bench, i get up and ATTEMPT to get out. i get on the boards to jump out and i get dragged back into the bench and slashed and punched and kicked. i get out and just shove someone to get them to let go out me... i get a 5 for fighting. in the inline league, my team mate got hit from behind and was hurt, the other guy was going to start hitting him while he was down, i grab the kid. i have the kid, and as i let him go i get wrecked from behind and my helmet flys off. i get jumped on by 6, yes 6 guys. keep in mind inline is 4 v 4. i start swingin creating a bare knuckle bare face fight. i get a few good blows in to get people off of me. me and the kid who got hit from behind got suspended for 12 games, and three of there guys got suspended indefinatly. there for atleast 2 guys jumped over the board to join and got nothing.