Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WAMPS19

Tour Code E2

Tour has used the Humr for a couple of years now, so no.

My break-in of the 9500 so far isn't so bad. I've gotten 2 blisters so far, but that's how it goes.

look into a pair of 5500's or 7500's.

if you want to stay with a hi lo.. no luck in tours. The 5500 and 7500 are both great skates. Stiffness is there, wheels are good, bearings and chassis are good. No eyelet problems. The internal materials used this year.. someone said they had problems with the internal material but i love it.. i think it makes the skates mold to your foot easier, the skate i think drys quicker and besides that the skates are sick.. no complaints at all.. bout time a skate is made to LAST

I use nothing but Mission for ice(Pure Fly then S500s) and could not be happier but as far as inlines I've used Missions for years and just switched to Tour BlueMax. I have to say that they are the best inlines I have ever used. Missions are great but at their price point nothing can touch the BlueMax. You are getting a $300+ skate for approx. half price.

yeah bluemax is a good skate.. but you said you didnt want to switch to the hummer correct? so if you ever do consider a hummer i would choose the blue max over the beemer..i kno badger was just making a thought

OK so after much meditation, and reflection in the mountains of the munks. I think I've narrowed it down to the 5500's or the blue max. What is the best place to get a new set of skates online? I usually go through hockeygiant, but wanted your thoughts. And are these two good choices? Does anyone wear these? I was just curious on weight differences between the two? Remember that I'm lugging around some 902's still so I've got pretty heavy skates. I want a lighter pair.

The 5500s will probably be lighter. Loved the Bluemax boot, really comfortable like I said. However, I had a tough time adjusting to the Hu'mer chassis. I like epuck.com, great customer service and pretty good shipping rates. I think inlinewarehouse.com isn't bad either and you get free shipping over $150.

Does anyone besides hockeygiant use paypal? Is there some gigantic difference between the blue max and the red max skates that are out now??? Cause I'm leaning towards those two skates.

If you are really hung up on the weight of the skate,a concept which unless taken to great extremes (quads vs. HE10000s) is really not going to be a true performance factor for most players, then the BlueMax are not for you. But speaking for myself, weight has never been the determining factor in choosing a skate. All this being said I think you will be happy with either skate and that your concern about Hi-Lo vs. Hummer is really more relevant than the weight issue. Good luck and enjoy whichever you choose.

This is true, and anything manufactured within the last couple of years won't be too much of a brick.

Always remember, it's not the equipment, it's the player.

I got a chance to see the E2s tonight. Although I have had some bad experiences with the Code 1, I must say, the E2 looks fantastic. It is stiffer than the Code1s IMHO. Slightly heavier. Same chassis, same wheels, and bearings. I am taking them into serious consideration.

#96.. you makin a collection of 06 line skates or something? lol hope you have some luck with these... but yeah the E2s are a great skate.. and they are** stiffer than the code 1s.. the 7500 is a great skate and has the hilo chassi which for me if i was picking skates that would be my biggest decision.. hummer or hi lo.. your choice

I got a chance to see the E2s tonight. Although I have had some bad experiences with the Code 1, I must say, the E2 looks fantastic. It is stiffer than the Code1s IMHO. Slightly heavier. Same chassis, same wheels, and bearings. I am taking them into serious consideration.

Do you buy skates for the hell of it? What's wrong with the 9500's?

Do you buy skates for the hell of it? What's wrong with the 9500's?

No I didn't buy them, yet. I just looked at them.

I still have the 9500s, slowly trying to break them..and keyword here is SLOWLY. I won't heatbake because I've done it twice with past skates, and both times, the skate for some reason came out not so good.

If I decide to get the E2s, the 9500s might show up in the sell forum. lol.

#96.. you makin a collection of 06 line skates or something? lol hope you have some luck with these... but yeah the E2s are a great skate.. and they are** stiffer than the code 1s.. the 7500 is a great skate and has the hilo chassi which for me if i was picking skates that would be my biggest decision.. hummer or hi lo.. your choice

Haha. I'm real particular about sticks and skates. Everything else, I could care less about. I have top of the line skates, and sticks, and like $30 gloves, $15 dollars shins, etc.

FuryofOne is on one of my teams. He knows...I have a revolving door of skates. One game I'll have Code1s, next game 9500s, next game old VSIs.

#96 has the 9500s and another guy on the team has the 10000s and after about 10 minutes, they both have to change their skates. Yet on another team I play for, one of the guys has the 10000s and says their awesome.

Fury, did that guy heat bake them?

I don't doubt that once they're broken in they will be great skates...it's the break-in that's killing me.

I guess the trend continues with the second tier skates being better than the top level.

I'm making a purchase soon and there's no place around here to demo or even look at the high end skates. I have to get them online so I'm kinda hesitant to jump into a crappy skate.

dont get either skate they both suck

#96 I heatbaked my 9500's and it definately helped in the break in process. I followed Justins directions to the T and it worked. I had the skates delivered on a wednesday, wore em that day and got a blister, baked em on a Thursday morning, played TORHS friday, saturday, and sunday, and aside from the initial blister I got, nothing else has come up. I suggest it...it does work wonders.

I'm really thinking about it. It's just that I had bad experiences before. I have wide feet, and after I've heatbaked, the skates just got too wide for me.

96- i know what you mean.. i had a problem with my mission rts and the boot caved in and the skate broke in the wrong way and wasnt stiff. I have no problems with my 9500s now. I got them 1 week and a half before torhs. I played 5hrs before torhs in my skates. Had a highschool game friday night then left from the rink straight to torhs and then played 6 games and in the finals of the tournament it felt like they were totally broken in.. i would just troop it out and make them mold the regular way but then again thats me.. its up to you

96- i know what you mean.. i had a problem with my mission rts and the boot caved in and the skate broke in the wrong way and wasnt stiff. I have no problems with my 9500s now. I got them 1 week and a half before torhs. I played 5hrs before torhs in my skates. Had a highschool game friday night then left from the rink straight to torhs and then played 6 games and in the finals of the tournament it felt like they were totally broken in.. i would just troop it out and make them mold the regular way but then again thats me.. its up to you

Yeah, I'm more inclined to just wait it out. Break em in slowly. I just don't want to bake and potentially ruin a great pair of skates.