Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tburk32

Hatcher

I noticed during the Flyers game that hatcher is still wearing his detroit pants with a black shell over them. Is it common for players to be that picky or superstitious about their pants??? I thought there might also be some other reasons that someone might know about and was just curious about it.

edit: here is a picture that shows the red near the kidney protection http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/se...0%7c0&p=7&tag=4

Possibly a two piece pant and he's just using the old girdle from the pair he had with Detroit.

uh oh...now that might prompt a " oh my God, what kind of girdle are these that have red trim.... who makes em? anyone know about these..." <_<

uh oh...now that might prompt a " oh my God, what kind of girdle are these that have red trim.... who makes em? anyone know about these..." 

actually i was just curious on facts i dont care what brand they are or anything, i'm just facinated with superstitions or rituals guys have in the NHL.

A lot of players just use the pants that are more broken in (i.e. Hatcher's DET pants) so when they go to a new team they just put a shell on it.

A lot of players just use the pants that are more broken in (i.e. Hatcher's DET pants) so when they go to a new team they just put a shell on it.

Exactly what I was getting at, you worded it better though. It's a pretty common thing, guys used to do this for the all star game a lot also, instead of wearing a brand new pair of pants.

Exactly what I was getting at, you worded it better though. It's a pretty common thing, guys used to do this for the all star game a lot also, instead of wearing a brand new pair of pants.

also for world tournys you often seen players with diffrent uppers with a shell over.