Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cougarscaptain87

Options on Custom Skates

as some of you know, im getting custom vapor XXX's from JR very soon. i was wondering who has experienced the process of customizing a skate. jr mentioned that i can change the tounge, liner, outsole, stiffness, holder, and eyelet orientation. i already decided that im going with a #3 stiffness ( step up from stock) i was wondering what your opions were on the other factors. im 99% sure that im going to stick with the ls2 holders and the normal outsole, but i would still like to hear your opinion on everything.

yeh i saw that, thanks tho. i was just wondering what people have done and their reasoning behind it.im especially interested in the tounge and eyelet because im not sure what the benefits are.

Get a white felt tongue,it looks cool.

i realize some things may look cool but what are the benefits to them?

looking cool...? :lol:

I believe that you can have your eyelets lowered a little bit to have more of a snug fit on your forefoot. Thats what the Bauer rep told me at the MSH skate when I asked him about custom skates. He also said that the upcharge is only 65$ and that you customize all of the above that you hav stated.

I believe that you can have your eyelets lowered a little bit to have more of a snug fit on your forefoot. Thats what the Bauer rep told me at the MSH skate when I asked him about custom skates. He also said that the upcharge is only 65$ and that you customize all of the above that you hav stated.

$65 doesnt seem right...

does anyone know if you order custom xxx's or one 90's that you could get like spaces in the back to fit your heel spurs making them more tolerable

does anyone know if you order custom xxx's or one 90's that you could get like spaces in the back to fit your heel spurs making them more tolerable

Yes

but one thing is the one90 boot material from what weve heard is its supposed to form around a heel spur where the XXX wont

But we're talking custom skates. The area in question will be scalloped out to accommodate the heel spur.

i know that JR but the material there using on a one90 is supposed to do just that without doing that.

back on topic..i would definatly get the white felt tounge and non-perf steel..and if your getting customs maby your #/ nickname in the tounge would be a ncie addition

no pain and custom one 90's :rolleyes: that my freind would be sick

Then I've come down with a 104 degree fever...mine should be done in a couple of wks :)

Keeping it stock as far as options go - just custom width, quarter sizing, and 3mm heel lifts.

no pain and custom one 90's :rolleyes:  that my freind would be sick

Then I've come down with a 104 degree fever...mine should be done in a couple of wks :)

Keeping it stock as far as options go - just custom width, quarter sizing, and 3mm heel lifts.

Custom One90s seeesh. I wouldnt mind like Custom Supreme 5000s haha.

I want custom One90s :(

I am just hoping that it will solve my foot problems.  Based on the measurements/traces, there is a possiblity that I may be in a EEE or EEEE.

Damn, thats a wide foot. :o

It's not horribly wide...it's just really square.

Don't remember if you were in the locker room after the game, but the pain afterward...ugh...and it happens every time I skate.