Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamriot38

Bruised Tailbone

OK so I ran my ass right into the boards tonight and I think I may have bruised my tailbone. Does anyone know of any old home remedies to quicken the healing. This one hurts like a b!tch. I can hardly walk. Just curious if there were any doctors in the house or if I should stop being a pre-teen girl and suck it up.

same thing just happened to me, Four weeks ago in practice team mate and i collided, feel right on my butt. coudln't finish practice, nor could i would very well.

I pretty much laid around all the time on the sofa, and used a heating pad 30 minutes on 30 minutes off. Kept going to practices, and it would hurt like crazy during, and after, but after about two weeks it would only hurt when i was sitting on it, or walking to much. Practicing, it still hurt, but not as bad. Finally after four long weeks i went to my game today, and i was finally pain free.

Not much you can really do, just wait it out, and try to suck it up as much as possible.

Hope it helps, and hope it gets better :)

Quick Update.

Day 2- I got a sh!tty nights sleep cause everytime I'd go to sleep I would roll over onto my butt and wake myself up with a shrp pain. So....yeah that was fun. Getting in my car to drive to work this morning was an adventure and Sitting in this chair is a pain in my ass...literally.

happened to me a while ago :(. i had trouble walking and moving any part of my lower back, so i went to the doctors and got prescribed some codeine. was on it for about a week until the pain went down enough

OK so I ran my ass right into the boards tonight and I think I may have bruised my tailbone. Does anyone know of any old home remedies to quicken the healing. This one hurts like a b!tch. I can hardly walk. Just curious if there were any doctors in the house or if I should stop being a pre-teen girl and suck it up.

about 3 or 4 years ago we had a ice storm and i sled down some cement steps that were like 2 feet by 1 foot. ____

l needless to say, as we went down , we went up and down and my butt hurt for like 3 weeks. the only thing really is advil and hot tubs or baths.

This may seem like a not very serious injury but don't f--k around with it or it will last for ever. Ice it as much as you can and try to get a physio appointment once or twice.

oh man i felt your pain about 2 weeks ago! I could hardly walk, but as far as I know there's no real cure for it and you should just suck it up for a week or so. I just stayed off of doing much physical stuff as much as possible and it was gone in a week. I didn't ice it at all but it definitely won't hurt. good luck :(

Day 3- I have noticed less pain while walking around, but this chair at work is really uncomfortable. I work 8-5 and pretty much, I either have to stand or sit on my hip. Carrying boxes around was torture yesterday, Last night I just laid down and watched tv so I'm chalking my laziness up to my tailbone. I'm gonna try heat off and on tonight.

When I started playing, I had bought a pair of bauer 1000 pants, cheap, then in the second game I had ever played, while trying to get the garbage in the crease, stood on the puck, went right down on my tailbone, and snapped the plastic protector there in the pants, thats how hard I fell.

It took me about a week before I could sit square on my ass again, and work was a nightmare for longer, because of the chair and 9-5 thing, same as you.

You have my sympathy

let this be a lesson learned. buy a pair of pants with good protection, my buddy had this happen to him about 3/4 times in a single month, and he dropped about $300 CAN on a pair of tacklas. for him, it was very much what iceholes described it as, easier and easier the more you do it.

I wear a pair of M-2 pants that haven't gotten me hurt before, I just think I hit a pressure point or something. OK so day 4 - I used a heating pad off and on for about three hours and today I feel significantly better. I'm still uncomfortable while sitting down, but I can tolerate sitting for longer periods of time and I've noticed more range of motion in my lower back muscles. I highly recommend heat on the lower back.

maybe rub some ben gay on...lol... or stick one of them hot patches for relief...

Makes me laugh thinking about these two methods

as a quick update i was feeling OK until i went to hockey last night, and skated around, I got tapped into the boards a couple of times, and wow...that was kinda painful. and I don't let bengay anywhere below my waist and above my knees ever again. anyone who knows what I'm talking about will agree.

One day while playing baseball a coulpe of years ago I rubbed bengay on my back and shoulder then wiped my hands off (notice, didn't wash, just wiped) and proceeded to scratch my nuts a couple of minutes later. I don't wish this upon anyone.