Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tyler9

Rivalries

Do any of you guys have any big rivalries in your HS hockey or another type? Where I live we have a huge rivalry with Barrhead. Our game on friday night was pretty intense and there was a big brawl outside after the game.

SAC (my school)

www.sac.on.ca

UCC

www.ucc.on.ca

Ours has been going on for 104 years, it gets intense. Football, soccer, rugby, lax, puck, basketball, squash, track..etc etc. Huge rivalry here. Generally we just chirp all other schools though, so my schools not well liked when it comes to anything and everything involving sports

our team vs buffalo state, we hate them, even more for the fact they are our traveling partner and good this yr.

also geneseo state. 40 mins from each other, both places packed for those games

For NHL hockey I could say Canadiens and Nordiques. USA College I would say Boston and Minnesota. Baseball I would say Red Sox Vs. Yankees. We could go on and on...

There are two main highschools in my town (Boulder). There is Fairview (where I go) and Boulder High. Any sport that we play eachother there is a brawl.

For pro hockey, Avs-Wings used to be pretty good.

*800th

For NHL hockey I could say Canadiens and Nordiques. USA College I would say Boston and Minnesota. Baseball I would say Red Sox Vs. Yankees. We could go on and on...

for college id say the bigest rivalry is the beanpot. every team there hates each other

Do any of you guys have any big rivalries in your HS hockey or another type? Where I live we have a huge rivalry with Barrhead. Our game on friday night was pretty intense and there was a big brawl outside after the game.

were you in on this? and what level/league are you in?

Us and King Philip. They're a regional HS that draws from like 5 towns, we're a small public thats dominated our confrence for the last 10+ years. We're both DII teams, they came into our first meeting at 7-1 and us at 4-4. We won 5-0 (we played DI teams the first 6 games and they didn't have too tough a schedule going into it). We get prolly about 900 people which is a lot for a HS game here. IIRC, a kid was stabbed at a game a few years ago in a parking lot brawl... :o

My high school has a huge rivalry with another local school. Last time we played it got pretty intense. There was a huge brawl at the end of the game on the ice, and then the fans got in a huge brawl outside the rink. They had to call 4 police departments in to help. Ours fans were banned from coming to anymore games this season so we can only have parents and siblings watch our games. Kinda sucks!

were you in on this? and what level/league are you in?

I was pullin guys off of my buddy who knocked out a guy for beatin up on another one of my buddies. It was pretty unfair considerin we wer ein Barrhead and it was atleast a 5-1 ratio in there favour. I'm in Midget AA.

our highschool hockey rivalry is the team we beat last year in the state championship game.

in travel our rival is the other team from town. last game there was like 200 people and it was crazy. i scored form like half ice and the crowd erupted(SP)!!

it was great.

Haringey Vs Lee Valley is our local rivalry London derby, i was playing for Lee Valley until a few years ago but now at Haringey. Since i've been at haringey although finishing higher in the table have been on the wrong end of some scores. Played them in the 19's on Sat it was a 6-6 draw great game, manage to put one in against my brother who in in between the pipes for Lee Valley, i am playing against their 16's this saturday at their rink. Should be a good game, although on paper we should walk all over them, derby's are never like that!