Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Datsyuk*13

Who would you take?

Who would you take right now in the draft?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Datsyuk*13

Even though there not the same age if you had the choice who would you rather take?

Id take Ovechkin.

Are you kidding !? Crosby by FAR. Shows much more potential then Ovechkin. I think he will be the "next one", I've seen tapes of Lindros and Lemieux playing junoir's and this guy is probably better then Lindros, and coming close to Lemieux. He will be amazing, as long as he gets minutes, and is developed properly. Even Gretzky admitted it. Crosby has the skills, and the brains. I think Ovechkin has the skills, for sure, but not the brains of Crosby.

Ovechkin has more tools then Crosby. He is also alot stronger then Crosby. The only thing that may keep him back is heart.

Maybe I'll be impressed once one of them proves themself in the big league. So far one looks like a hotdogger and the other a puck hog.

If you were at Crosby's level, plaiyng against people he's playing with wouldn't you be a bit of a hot dog sometimes. He gets cheapshoted constantly, and like I just mentioned he's only 16, he's still maturing.

I have'nt heard very much about Ovechkin. Was he in the world juniors this year? I heard Crosby broke some of his records? Whats the deal with this guy? Is he also suppose to be the next great one?

like I just mentioned he's only 16, he's still maturing.

Ovechkin is only a year apart from Crosby so the age argument doesn't really matter. I think Ovechkin will be extremely similar to Kovalchuk and Crosby will be like nothing we've seen, and that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be good. He just has a few combinations I haven't seen before. Also Lindros played in the OHL and it's a much different league, and he doesn't have the size of either of them so it's difficult to compare him to those two players when they play different games.

Ovechkin because I think he's more of a blue chipper, I think they'll both turn out, but I'd say if either of them will flop, it'll be Crosby.

From what I have heard, Ovecheckin(sp) is not as skilled as Kova but he is very responsible in his own end and is a franchise player as opposed to Kova which can only score. As for Crosby I have heard amazing things about this guy but sadly I have never watched him play. This is a very tough choice, they both seem like franchise players to me and it is always safe to draft a franchise player then to draft a guy that only wants to score and could careless if the team is lossing.

The most intersting comment I've heard was that a scout was sure that a team could win because of Ovechkin or with Crosby.

Hey, I wouldent have been cryin if the Pens got Ovechkin :)

Seriously though, while both of these kids might be dynasty type players, any scout/other person who thinks that the Crapitals will automatically win once they have Ovechkin is blind. Before anything , both players have to prove they can take it at the big level. Soon as Crosby tries one of his behind the net moves, or any of his other hotdog moves he's going to get his clock cleaned, and I will laugh.

Right now would take Ovechkin because of the competition he's faced. Playing against "men" in the Russian Super League and being the youngest member of the Russian National team is pretty impressive. Also, he played on the top line of the Russian National team at the EuroTour tourney. But like Theo states, you never know til they get to the NHL.

Hockey39

How can you know the brains he has? Pure speculation on your part.

I've seen the kid play, he knows where to be, when to be physical and when not to be. Amazing smarts, always seems to find the open man, and although 2 guys always seem to be checking him, he seems to be open. Unbelievable player. It's not speculation, this kid is very good, as most of you know.

Actually, he doesn't hit the open man as often as he probably should. He seems to like holding on to the puck and that doesn't work well for most people in the NHL. The kid isn't even going to play for a year, can we at least wait for him to get drafted before we start clearing a spot for him in the hall of fame?

I'm not giving him a spot in the HHOF or anything, all I'm says in when you watch this kid play, you will see him being checked by 2 guys, and a second later, hes broken loose and has scored. I would definatly let him play a year in the AHL before I took the kid to the NHL though, he needs the experience, he should be developed, not rushed into the league, IMO, they ruin alot of could be great players by rushing them into a limited role with a big league club rather then letting him him play a big role on a farm team.

Crosby would have to play two years of junior after the draft before he could even play in the NHL. If he's as good as you say he won't need to be developed. Either he's great or he's not.

Crosby for his great skills and his ability to make everyone around him look good.

Crosby for his great skills and his ability to make everyone around him look good.

If that's the case why aren't any of his guys at the top of the draft prospects list?

I'd take Ovechkin. I've heard that he has a much more complete game, plus he is bigger and more physical. Then again, I've never been on the Crosby Bandwagon.

I'd take Ovechkin over Crosby any time. I live in Quebec so I see Crosby everywhere this year. The problem is they consider him as an unbeleivable hockey sense but I don't find his hockey sense is that good. Players like Ribeiro and Bouchard at Junior level were much better to see the ice. But if they consider Crosby has a power forward, he can be a big star in the NHL. The problem is I don't think Crosby has the tool to be a power forward in the NHL. Anyway he's a sniper, he's not a playmaker. So I don't know why people compare him to Gretzky.