Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Andrew who?

He definitely looks solid in net. Hopefully he doesn't end up like Blaine Lacher.

or Jim Carey :)

Tim Thomas has been up a few times in the past hasn't he? He reminds me alot of Toivonen in the way they move in the net, but I haven't seen a ton of either, so I could be off.

Hannu Toivonen shut-out the sens as well (3-0 ) in dec.This was the 1st game after dealing Joe to SJ. Although Tim has been playing well that seems to be standard affair for the B's.They always seem to get great a showing for a streak from whoever they put in net.

A few things to consider. Raycroft held out during training camp and that never helps a goalie. Also, he downplayed what is apparently a semi-serious injury which you could obviously see was affecting his play after Toivonen went down. This season is a write-off for Raycroft. I'd hold onto him for another year to see if the Toivonen/Raycroft tandem really works.

I wouldn't get too high on Thomas. Sure, he has had some success in this little stint but before anyone hands him the Vezina, lets remember that there are several goalies who have come from nowhere to have short-term success only to be exposed when shooters get another look or two at him. I don't think he's bad but there is a reason that he has had limited time in the NHL before now.

This season is a write-off for Raycroft. I'd hold onto him for another year to see if the Toivonen/Raycroft tandem really works.

My only concern about a tandem is, if we assume the Raycroft of 2004 is more indicative of his talents, they both look like they could be 50+ games goalies.

That could cause chemistry problems.

This season is a write-off for Raycroft.  I'd hold onto him for another year to see if the Toivonen/Raycroft tandem really works.

My only concern about a tandem is, if we assume the Raycroft of 2004 is more indicative of his talents, they both look like they could be 50+ games goalies.

That could cause chemistry problems.

Sure, everybody wants to be the #1 and that kind of competition among your netminders can only help the team. Based on what I've seen and heard out of these guys, I don't think either has the kind of attitude that would make this tandem an issue in the room.

Check out the Sabres goalies for 2 #1s playing great. How would you like to have Miller and Biron as your tandem? Those two are like giants in net! I like seeing Lindy Ruff have success as a coach. The guy always paid his dues as player so he deserves all the success and credit he gets. Great old school NHLer having success as a coach. This team could create problems in April.......