Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

PS2 DVD Player

I use my PS2 as a DVD player mainly for convience because it's in my room, we also have one in the family room. I have a few issues with this though, the volume level once it plays the DVD is always extremely low. I need to put the volume almost to full to hear it. I've seen someone pick-up the volume level on the actual machine rather than the TV before when I brought it to a friends, unfortunately I do not know the guy who did it how he did it. As well I would like to either change the "parental level" so it doesn't ask me to change it everytime I go in, or else change the password from the basic 1-4 it came with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can't change the parental level for it to be higher. When the movie is playin press select and check in the options there may be a volume button in there.

I believe if you change the parental level to the lowest setting, it no longer asks you. It's been a while, so I'm not sure about that.

If you're not using the optical audio output, then go into the Setup > Audio Setup > DVD Volume. Make sure the optical audio output is set to off or else you won't be able to change the DVD Volume. If you are using optical audio, then just change the volume on your receiver.

PS2s suck for DVD playing compared to real DVD players.

the dvd player is just an added bonus, the system is not manufactured to be an awesome dvd player.

I have the remote control, makes it much easier and it seems to work fine for me.

Guest Datsyuk*13

I had the same prob till i turned my tv volume to stereo when im watching it.

I have the remote control, makes it much easier and it seems to work fine for me.

I also always have my TV on stereo.

I have the PS2 remote as well and the volume is still a problem.

My TV is always set on stereo.

For the comments about the "system" it's just my TV and PS2. I have a CD player, but it's pretty basic and isn't hooked up to the TV or anything.

Lego as much as it pains me to say this your going to have to go very basic. I do not know how to get into the set-up or change the parental level. I appologize for my lack of technological knowledge and really appreciate the help.

While playing a DVD, press the select button to get the menu to come up. There are a bunch of icons... and the names of the icons come up with "Setup" and such. Search through those to try and find what you need.