Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steveo

Ouch!

Dude, you're using way too much heat if your doing damage like that to your skin with the glue. Anytime I’ve replaced a blade I can touch the glue right afterwards, it’s hot but it cools down almost instantly and it peels right of without causing injury.

As a side note, put some aloe in the fridge and use that on the burn. It works really well.

I was putting a tapered blade in a coverted one peice shaft and there only a half inch more to go in so I was heating the shaft to get it in that last little bit, but it wouldn't go so I pulled it out and that's when it happened

I was able to play in my touney, my coach is currently in university for nursing so he patched me up nicley before each game

yea not seeing the third degree burn part in ur post

there is no way it's a 3rd degree burn guys... if it was you wouldn't be sitting here wondering what to do.. you'll be in the hospital crying your ass off. your skin is cooked not burned if it was 3rd degree.

My bad, I just did a google search on some def'ns

I have a second degree burn not third, It is red, swollen and blistered

Third degree invloves all layers of skin

Your right with the 2nd degree burn...1st degree is like a really bad case of sun burn....if its red and has blisters its a 2nd degree(the blisters are the key) 3rd degree burns are so painful they dont even hurt when you first get burnt, later on is when the ungodly pain comes in with those....Youll be fine though, Im sure it hurt like hell, sorry bout that man...Some good ole aloe vera usually does good to cool the burning sensation down, but Im sure the doc gave ya something better....I still wanna know how the glue burnt ya that bad?...You must have had it heated up like super super hot, I know Ive gotten hot glue on myself like a previous poster said and it cooled fast and peeled right off, maybe next time try not heating it up so much, just enough to yank it out...But I know those blades can be a pain sometimes....Anyway get well and keep the meds on there and loosely covered so it will heal faster...

Ive gotten a third degree burn on my finger not a huge one but it was from those car lighter thingys and my skin turned black the burn was small but it hurt worse than when i broke 2 of my ribs.