Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy9

Goalie chassis for players

I've got a pair of Grafs with a Labeda 5 wheel predator chassis on it, I use it for more speed and lower centre of gravity, I was wondering if any one else uses a goalie chassis out on pitch!?!

Easy

one of the better players I played with when I was about 18-19 wore amp2s with predators. but, if you're a good skater you could bust out some bauer h1s and do well

i find two problems with that... wouldn't the smaller wheels make it slower not faster and doesn't a goalie chassis have all four wheels touching the ground instead of 3 at a time? wouldn't that make it less mobile?

smaller wheels get going faster than larger wheels and are quicker, but do not maintain speed as well so you had better be in great shape to skate on those at a high level. We used to have a couple really good players about a hour south of me that used Predators, and it looked like Fred Flinstone and Barney Rubble their feet were going so fast.

The predator chassis is by far the most maneuverable skate frame ever made the problem like SDcopp mentioned you would either need to be in incredible shape because there was no roll or you would be in great shape after you used them for a time period. Great work-out trainer. It was not banned by the RHI just not practicle for the big floors with its low center of gravity it became the best goalie frame.