Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

"Boom Boom" Passes Away

He was such a gentlemen and addored by all. What a ceremony that will be tonight with all his children and family there on the ice. RIP Boomer.

Nope they only learned this week that he was very hill and they decided at the begining of the year that they would retire his humber 5 jersey. The Habs even rented a jet plane so that he could be in Montreal for the banner raising and go back to Atlanta for his treatments. But they announced yesterday, with the help of his kids, that he woudn't be able to come but like a gentlemen he told all of his family to still go to Montreal but without him. They even tried to get satellite in his room so he could watch the ceremony from his hospital bed in Atlanta. For sure he will be watching up there, ghosts are now roaming the Bell Center like they were up in the old Forum.

The Canadiens have more class than any other team in the league. Once again, they showed it tonight. Farewell, Boom-Boom.

Boomer was a really good friend of my grandfathers. He would often stay at our beach house, or our condos in florida. He has told me, and my family some amazing stories from his time on the habs, to coaching the rangers, etc. The funniest thing he ever told me was "Oh fuck that 'great one' if I was playing against him, and he was doing all that sissy crap behind the net, I would lay my shoulder into him, and he would never play again". He would often complain on how much players are paid today. He was a great guy, and a REALLY funny guy.

The Canadiens have more class than any other team in the league. Once again, they showed it tonight. Farewell, Boom-Boom.

Those ceremonies were the best I've seen in a while. I didn't even know the guy but, never seen him play except for those clips they showed the sreen all day and that touched me. Montreal are really in a league of their own when it comes to ceremonies like that.

Those ceremonies were the best I've seen in a while. I didn't even know the guy but, never seen him play except for those clips they showed the sreen all day and that touched me. Montreal are really in a league of their own when it comes to ceremonies like that.

They are very good with the ceremonies, but the one thing that has always bugged me is the amount they do. I know this was huge and a special occasion, which is definatley cool, but they seem to do alot of "just because" ceremonies. I remember one year they had a ceremony almost every saturday, and they weren't really anything, "this day 8 years ago (not 5, not 10) so and so scored 5 points as a D-man a Habs record". It's seemed better this season, but I haven't watched alot on RDS either.

How many Cups? The Habs can do whatever they want whenever they want. I have been following the NHL since 1968 and there is no other organization like the Habs. I am glad they have an original with brains and a plan running the team again, Bob Gainey.

It shows how much respect the habs had for him, to go to that extent for an occasion that would be so important to him, i have a lot of respect for them for that.

RIP Boom Boom

Those ceremonies were the best I've seen in a while.  I didn't even know the guy but, never seen him play except for those clips they showed the sreen all day and that touched me.  Montreal are really in a league of their own when it comes to ceremonies like that.

They are very good with the ceremonies, but the one thing that has always bugged me is the amount they do. I know this was huge and a special occasion, which is definatley cool, but they seem to do alot of "just because" ceremonies. I remember one year they had a ceremony almost every saturday, and they weren't really anything, "this day 8 years ago (not 5, not 10) so and so scored 5 points as a D-man a Habs record". It's seemed better this season, but I haven't watched alot on RDS either.

They are doing more in the recent years because of the 100th anniversary celebration that will be going on in 2009. And yes they do alot because they have so much history, just like yesterday it was the anniversary of the Howie Morenz death ans service at the old Montreal Forum, it was also 10 years ago that the Habs played their last game at the Forum and the Geoffrion ceremony.