Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Muck

Custom Skates

Guest Muck

Does anyone know the timetables of the manufacturers for custom skates? For instance, I heard Graf is 6 months.

Guest Muck

I'm planning on ordering within the next week or so. I'm experiencing severe arch pain (I'm a new skater) and the only solution I can imagine will be a custom skate.

Guest Muck

I tried that. The laces were slipping so I double tied it right above the laces and went tight throughout the ankles. This pain is so severe that I can only skate for about 10 minutes at a time. I'm not a pussy, really. :blink:

Guest Muck

Moderate arch. I tried the CCM Pro Tack D and the Graf 705 (wider skate series with the 727) W (equivalent of the EE). Nothing seems to work. My next step was going to be the 8090s, but I'm tired of messing around with it to be honest.

I read somewhere that for new skaters it is common because of the grip tendency, but I went again today and relaxed my toes- no better.

By the way, thank you for your help.

Guest Muck

Tried that too, bro. I actually sent those back. Also tried Shock Doctor insoles, the ones you bake.

If you have done all of those, you either have the wrong skate for your foot or you are just lacing them too tightly.

I personally like a looser fit at the bottom of the skate and a lockgrip tight lace at the top.. If you are worried about laces slipping, you should get some waxed laces.

There are 3 reasons why your skate should hurt...

1) wrong size/type (most common)..

No matter how much I try, my big ass feet will never fit in a vector/vapor skate.

2) Wrong insole.

If you have a weird arch, you need a custom insole or your foot is going to hurt because you are stretching muscles and bending bones that aren't supposed to bend... I found a nice secret.. if you take the insole out of an old pair of shoes that you have worn out, its a perfect fit.

3) Lace too tight.. (I see it a lot)..

You need support, but your foot needs blood. If your skate is looser at the bottom, the boot will give a little and let your foot move more naturally without compromising performance.

p.s. If you are a new skater.. why the hell are you starting with a super stiff protack or graf?... :blink:

Edited by badkitty

Guest Muck

Skated when I was younger, didn't have these problems. Thought it was like riding a bike. :blink:

So anyone know the current time frames?

Edited by Muck

Where are you sore after you skate?

Your foot changes a lot when you grow up... to picking up a skate where you left off doesn't do a whole lot of good.

I know what you are going through though. I remember I bought a pair of rollerblades a while back.. went 12 miles in them and my foot cramped so bad that I had to call my roomate to come and pick me up. I couldnt walk on it for days.. litterally.

Edited by badkitty

Guest Muck

Right in the peak of my arch then deadens as the arch flattens. Kills me. Am I skating incorrectly? I've been working on this for over a month and a half. Thought I could work through it. I just want to skate.

Arch problems are due to 2 things.. your skates are too tight on the bottom putting pressure from the left to the right side of your foot (making your foot charleyhorse) and it may be a poor fitting insole. Since you have already tried bakeable footbeds, I would recommend waxed laces and a looser tie at the bottom of your foot (the waxed laces will hold. So in short, hardly tighten the laces from your anckle down and really tighten them up tward the top, by your anckes.

Guest Muck

I tried that. I sincerely appreciate your input, though. It's probably the skate. What is the quickest way to get a skate back? My LHS says 4 months for Bauer and CCM, 6 for Grafs. I really don't want to wait 4-6 months.

I'm telling you that you are making a mistake by not trying again..

You are talking to 2 shop owners who have been playing/helping people like you and a college player who was raised skating...

Guest Muck

Do you mean try one more brand?

Do you think I should try an 8090 then? That's the widest, right?

If your foot was too big for a protack, its going to be way too big for an 8090. Try the lacing thing one more time.. really keep them loose below the ankle this time..

I'm planning on ordering within the next week or so. I'm experiencing severe arch pain (I'm a new skater) and the only solution I can imagine will be a custom skate.

i have high arches and my bauer 8090s are awesome. another thing to think about is custom insoles for ur skates

The RBK line of skates might be something for you to look at. They come in C (narrow), D (regular) and E (wide) widths. The boot fits deeper then the Tacks that's pretty shallow. It also have a wider midfoot feature, that might suit your feet better.