Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crosskore

Tom Clancey

Iam suppose to do an essay on what influenced tom clancey to write the book "Rainbow Six". I though it would be easy cause people were telling me he was a CIA agent and everything. I looked for 60 mins and all i found out was that he was a stock broker. Very exciting.... Anyone have any info?

He's always been a military nut (not in a bad way) and as he developed his contacts he got more and more guidance from people in the military. All of his stuff comes from his memory and publicly available information sources, he uses people "in the business" to verify his concepts.

Guest Datsyuk*13

Ive read several of his books including: Rainbow six, Hunt for red october and others but apparently he was a big army nut and went to like try out for them or whatever but his vision wasnt good enough so they cut him so he became a writer. Im pretty sure that is acurate info but Aussie#1 would definatly be able to verify this.

Without Remorse was one of his first books and it explains were and how John Clark started. A must read if you plan to read any more of his books

Guest Datsyuk*13

Ive read that i didnt find it his best. I found Rainbow six one of his best IMO.

lol i love you read i have read a lot of his books, what datsyuk*13 is totally correct from what i have found out. he's an army nut tried out to weak and bad vision had to quit and now has made millions in book writing. and rainbow six is is most action packed book most recomended for people to read

The Sum of all fears is my favorite, even after they made the mockery of a movie of it.

agree with you fully! and patriot games. that movie sucks! the book is a billion times better

Bubba and Forrest, can you utilize the PM function or get these convos going on AIM/MSN?

Thanks,

EVERYONE