Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

Any Ben Harper fans here?

Just listening to the new Ben Harper album, its a double album, disc one is electric, disk 2 acoustic, apparently, I am only through 6 songs on disk one yet.

But sort of like the live from mars double album, one heavy one mellow.

So far, great album.

Second disk is what I have in first, songs 2, 3 4 bringing some serious funk with it, #5, gather round the storm, sort of an acousticy blues number, but with an electric run going through it.

Please don't talk about murder while I'm eathing is like that upbeat blues, sort of like a happy mississippi john hurt (if anyone has ever heard of him)

I am yet again impressed. And much better than diamonds on the inside.

Apart from simon and garfunkel, this guy is the best show I have ever seen live, and I have seen a lot of shows live.

Sorry, only noticed the answer.

After listening to the entire album, I am giving it two big thumbs up, great from start to finish. Just put it on my itunes so I don't have to change disks halfway through.

Wort the money for this puppy

I've given this a good listen, at least twice through both discs already, and I don't know what it is, I just don't like it that much. It's good nonetheless, but honestly I like diamonds on the inside more. All IMO, though. I'll listen a few more times, it'll grow on me eventually.

I like all his stuff, but think diamonds was his second weakest showing .

I would put his albums in this (my) order of preference

Fight for your mind

Welcome to the cruel world

Burn to Shine

Both Sides of the Gun

The will to live

Diamonds on the inside

There will be a light

I left out live from mars, because its a live album, but it gets the most playtime in my car, love that both disks, just great

Fight for your mind is up there for my best albums of all time list.

I just missed him at HOB orlando recently with the IC's. I did catch matisyahu amd Balkan Beat Box though.....great show.