Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EndGame

Best moderately-priced wheel?

What's the best wheel out there for the money? I can't spend a lot on equipment, so I want the best wheel I can get for what little I *can* spend.

Thanks in advance!

eBay is where I buy most of my hockey stuff.

I found some Red Star Snipers on eBay, and I'm keeping an eye on them. I couldn't find any Hot Shots.

Any other suggestions from anyone?

Labeda Millenium grippers.

They are a couple years old so they arent to pricy yet they were the hottest wheel like two years ago. I stilll use them if I can get them cheap anough. Im thinking you could get 8 for $30

Hyper formula Gs but some say they are to out of date but i still hear they are very grippy.

If you go with the Formula G's, get the Era ones. Excellent wheel!

They run about 5.00 a wheel.

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage-HFGEW.html

I've also found Formula G Era's at my local BIG 5 with bearings and spacers for $35.00.

Do you use them? If so what floor do you skate on and hows the durability and performance?

i used the formula g era on sport court and they grip great and have lasted me 3-4 months. they r grippier and last longer then the trinitys and cost less.

Formula G and Labeda Gripper will both run you about 5 a wheel, whereas the Hot Shots will run you 6-7 a wheel. Those are probably the three best choices you'll get for 7 and less per wheel.

Milleniums. Been using pretty much every top end wheel, but i always manage to come back to the purple milleniums.

I thought Milleniums were garbage becuase I'd chew through them in no time until I got Nexed Stingers with mini-core purple Milleniums that lasted forever. Those are the only Milleniums I'd ever recommend anymore, and usually there are in the 6.50-8 range, so there's better options for the budget minded.

I am a big fan of Formula G's as well.....That is why we put them on our skates.....The hold up, grip well, and are not that expensive

I found a good deal on some Formula Gs. Would you think 76a would be good for Sport Court? I'm 6'3'' and about 225. I'm a defenseman. I have been using Kuzak 74a on the front wheel, Kuzak 76a on the 2nd wheel, and a variety of Labeda soft wheels on the back. I tend to shred that first wheel in 2 or 3 games because I skate on my toes so much, but I haven't switched to a harder wheel there because I'm worried about slippage.

I am a big fan of Formula G's as well.....That is why we put them on our skates.....The hold up, grip well, and are not that expensive

Do you? I thought you were all rink rat now? I need wheels for my 7500's for a wood floor the rink rats have just cracked up :(

Hyper formula Gs but some say they are to out of date but i still hear they are very grippy.

If you go with the Formula G's, get the Era ones. Excellent wheel!

They run about 5.00 a wheel.

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage-HFGEW.html

I've also found Formula G Era's at my local BIG 5 with bearings and spacers for $35.00.

Do you use them? If so what floor do you skate on and hows the durability and performance?

Yes, I use them. I use the 74A wheels on sport court. Grip is excellent and they have no cracks and very minimal wear. I've been using the same set for about 2 seasons, with one rotation after the first season. (basically, I just flip the side facing out to face in)

Great wheel indeed!

I found a good deal on some Formula Gs. Would you think 76a would be good for Sport Court? I'm 6'3'' and about 225. I'm a defenseman. I have been using Kuzak 74a on the front wheel, Kuzak 76a on the 2nd wheel, and a variety of Labeda soft wheels on the back. I tend to shred that first wheel in 2 or 3 games because I skate on my toes so much, but I haven't switched to a harder wheel there because I'm worried about slippage.

I believe your front wheels are being destroyed due to your weight and the wheel's softness. If you went up to a 76A, you may get better life out of your front wheels.

I don't think you'll have a problem using 76A wheels with your weight and size. It sounds more like a better match than the xsoft wheels.

I believe your front wheels are being destroyed due to your weight and the wheel's softness. If you went up to a 76A, you may get better life out of your front wheels.

I don't think you'll have a problem using 76A wheels with your weight and size. It sounds more like a better match than the xsoft wheels.

Unfortunately the 76a wheels I've tried on the front have either been too hard and I've slipped all over the place, or they've shredded just like 74a wheels. Now, that said, they've not been terribly good wheels. The 76a ones were Kuzak All Terrain, which are awfully hard wheels -- not grippy at all.

I guess I'll try the Formula Gs. Thanks for the advice, everyone!

I believe your front wheels are being destroyed due to your weight and the wheel's softness.  If you went up to a 76A, you may get better life out of your front wheels.

I don't think you'll have a problem using 76A wheels with your weight and size.  It sounds more like a better match than the xsoft wheels.

Unfortunately the 76a wheels I've tried on the front have either been too hard and I've slipped all over the place, or they've shredded just like 74a wheels. Now, that said, they've not been terribly good wheels. The 76a ones were Kuzak All Terrain, which are awfully hard wheels -- not grippy at all.

I guess I'll try the Formula Gs. Thanks for the advice, everyone!

If you get the formula Gs let me know how they perform <_<

over the years I have tried numerous different brandss of wheels+ have always ended up going back 2 formula g's you cant beat these wheels(at least i havent found anything that comes close)