Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Torhs Team

a myspace topic

Hockey Players

We are the cockiest, dirtiest, most irresponsible group of athletes in the world. Will do anything and come back to tell his teammates about it. Live the dream until they are 35 then realize they never made it. Ladies love us, guys want to be us, we are the soul of the universe. You lace up the skates, put on the gloves, strap on the helmet, and walk on to the ice and nothing else matters. It doesn't matter that you failed a test, your girl is being a bitch, or that you got a ticket on the way there...you're world is absolutely perfect for the next couple hours. Here's to face offs, goals, assists, overtime, living on the road, cold rinks, early mornings, breakaways, going top shelf, countless hours of practice, bag skates, thousands of dollars, dangling defense men, big hits, broken twigs, new skates, packing lippers, wheeling broads, coaches, adding the letter "y" to the end of everyone's last name, the word "fuck", pick up, fights, let downs, miracles and most of all - the game, Hockey Why? Why do we skate back and forth night after night? Skating so hard we throw up. Skating so hard your heart beat rings in your head, while your lungs are grasping for air. Late nights, early mornings, Friday nights, Saturday evenings, broken bones, torn muscles and deep bruises. We skate through it all. Because we live off our adrenaline, because the game frees your spirit, because the party in the locker room is fine, because your invincible once you step on the ice, because a shot can make you smile all night, sniping the twine, the rattling of the boards, the feel of the puck, and skates carving into the ice is a rhythm to live by, because its possible to skate fast enough to leave all your worries behind. Sweat is the cologne of our accomplishment. Why? Why would someone push themselves so hard? It's not for the money, it's not for the girls, and it's not for the fame. We do it for the love of the game-

If you are a hockey player and you are proud to be one, pass this shit on with pride and let everyone know the deffinition of a true man. Or if you just feel like hockey players are true men

If this is the definition of true men and/or hockey players, then I guess I am neither. Where did you find this steaming pile of macho self-aggrandizing crap?

If this is the definition of true men and/or hockey players, then I guess I am neither. Where did you find this steaming pile of macho self-aggrandizing crap?

wow. take a joke much? :angry:

I think that piece, or a variation of it, showed up on the junior hockey bible (now gongshow hockey) a few years ago... kinda old but still a good one.