Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aussie Joe

Quest 1/New Nike Skate Faults?

G'day all

Im currently coaching Jnr B inline, and a few of my lads are having problems with the wheels/bearings/something on their Nike 2003 Quest 1's. For some reason a certain maiting part on the skate is making a "clacking-clicking" sound. This is on all models, Hi Lo, Rocker, bought in Australia or over the net via Epuck. Its a problem, and having just bought a pair of Roller Daddys Im scared that the same will happen to me.

Have ppl had similar problems North America side? If anyone from BNH is viewing can they give me an instruction as to what to with these problem skates?

PS: I am not happy with Addlon's (BNH distributor in Australia) response to my Jnr's problems, that being denile of the problem.

probably just a couple bad bearings. ask the kids on your team to take a couple of old bearings and put them in. if they dont click then, then u kno its a bearing problem.

Just wondering what kind of wheels and bearings. I'm not sure what year our store sells but they come with a Red Star chassis and Red Star Sniper wheels with microbearings. I know that some of yours are with the rocker chassis but are some of these ones them?

The fault is on the 2003 model Quest 1's (The top of the line model sold the yr before Hi Ho Silvers, Roller daddy etc). The fault is on all skates with rocker or Hi Lo, Red Star frames, micro bearings and RS Sniper wheels.

Is the clicking from the bearings? I know that the micro's we used tended to be very succeptible to rust and premature failure..much more so than the std bearings. Have you switched wheels and bearings on any of the skates to see if that made any difference? If the skates were not shipped properly as ocean freight, they might have gotten exposed to some "salt air" causing problems...particularily if they sat around for a while after shipping.

I have the same (?) problem on my '03 rocker Quest 1's when I changed out the factory wheels and bearings. Seems that for whatever reason, replacement wheel/bearings are loose on a side-to-side basis on the middle (rocker) axels, no matter how tight you cinch it. Other than an annoying sound when turning, I've detected no change in performance though.

Anyone else?

Were the original wheels and bearings supplied with a full width axle(goes right through the bearings) like Bauer used to use and a bolt assembly which goes through the axle and frame?

If someone converted these wheels to the inner "floating spacer design" this could cause the same problem. The bolt is smaller in diameter than the axles, which would allow the wheels to run pretty loose. It would seem pretty obvious though I have seen people do this on other skates, not realizing the difference in diameter between the bolt/wide axle combination, and the axle through bolt/floating spacer assemblies. The wheels will not just move side to side, but up an down as well, and be very noisy. Bolts will not stay tight either.