Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyChicaga

Ref-ing

I'm looking to get into being a ref for high school and pee wee/bantam hockey leagues in the summer and next winter. How does one go about getting into reffing?

Try and get into contact with the head of your association, find out when the training dates and go to them. Not sure from there, mine was for a specific league, so they just gave me a schedule at the end of it.

It's probably too late for the summer. I know the atlantic district had their spring clinics a couple weeks ago.

im 14 and currently reffing games when im not playing.

how much do you guys get for it?

For 40 mins distance to rink and 2 games i got £50 which is $100.

they pay 30p to the mile.

my local rink is about 4 or 5 minutes away, i make 14$ a game ( 1h 10m) for being a linesman for peewee level, bantam in charge is 22$ a game.

I'll drive up to 30 miles for games and get anywhere from $25-$45 a game. Last month I ended up with about $500.

I was getting $10/hr (I think) did 3-6 games a week in 3 game packs. It was usually less than a 5 minute drive to the rink, or a rink I was playing at that day. It was just inline though, I think I called less than 5 penalties all summer.

my local rink is about 4 or 5 minutes away, i make 14$ a game ( 1h 10m) for being a linesman for peewee level, bantam in charge is 22$ a game.

wow. thats alot. but then again is it ice im guesing?

I ref roller all ages up to highschoo. Get paid $8 for each game for all ages. It may seem low but the games are only 40 minutes.

In order to become a ref you should talk to the rinks manager possibly. Or if all else fails just talk to a ref and ask who hired him. :D

You should also take some reffing classes to move up on the scale. That way you can ref tournys if they ever roll aroudn.

Last year when I did it I made $8CDN for one game. Games were 1hr 30 mins long (2 twenty minute run time periods, one twenty minute stop time period)

guys at my rink make $35 each for adult league...i can't remember the how much the other levels get. i think there's also bonuses if you have to drive from really far away and if you only ref one game.

i'm gonna take the classes over summer.

Last year when I did it I made $8CDN for one game. Games were 1hr 30 mins long (2 twenty minute run time periods, one twenty minute stop time period)

You gotta be kiddin me ! :lol:

that is nothing!