Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J-Shera

Another Spraypainting topic

Okay, I know theres a lot of these, but this one is differnet. I have very crappy roller skates like old Mission VS's I think they are called. I was thinking of something to do to make them cool and I remember that guy who painted his skates all white in the WJC(he was from russia). Now would I just use normal white spraypaint to paint them or would I need two differnt types of paint for the boots and chassis. Any special steps I should take, cleaning obvously would be good what else?

And yes I know im going to stand out and grab alot of attention, but I dont care. Its just a rec roller league and I pretty much run the show ;) :unsure:

Okay, I know theres a lot of these, but this one is differnet. I have very crappy roller skates like old Mission VS's I think they are called. I was thinking of something to do to make them cool and I remember that guy who painted his skates all white in the WJC(he was from russia). Now would I just use normal white spraypaint to paint them or would I need two differnt types of paint for the boots and chassis. Any special steps I should take, cleaning obvously would be good what else?

And yes I know im going to stand out and grab alot of attention, but I dont care. Its just a rec roller league and I pretty much run the show ;) :angry:

lol....gotta love those rec league superstars...lol.....But anyway if you do decide to do it post some pics if you can always cool to see diffrent stuff.

maybe you can try getting some oil-based primer and prime your boot, then you can put a coat or 2 of paint over that, then a clear coat if you really want :D

i tried that a few years ago on some oldschool bauer breakout x50 skates, tried to make them look like ccm tacks. looked good until i skated on them; paint chipped, scratched, flaked off like crazy!

you would have to use something thats gonna allow a lot of flex...as soon as the skates flex at all, its gonna crack the paint and it'll fall right off. i know there are paints out there with "flex agent" mixed in, try lookin for some of that stuff. i don't think anything is going to last too long but its prob your best bet

I remember back in the day one of the things in the northeast in roller hockey was tons of kids with V series missions getting leather dye and dying them red/white/whatever their team color was