Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hapamatt122

Graf 301 skate.

So my coworker is getting new skates but he's really busy so the only place he can go is the LHS thats near his house. I hate this place, they have very limitted selection and the prices aren't great, but its all that is available to him and he doesn't want to do the online thing. He's been playing for about 15years and has had the same pair of Bauer Supreme (they are so old the model # is worn off and he isn't sure what it was) for the last 8 yrs, I've skated with him a few times and he's pretty good, I would say definetly above intermediate level (out of 5 divisions of adult hockey at the local rink he plays in d2 - d1 being highest).. anyways they convinced him to get the graf 301, and this is a skate that he plans on keeping for a long time. I know nothing of graf's so I couldn't really tell him if its a good or bad skate. can anyone help? I'm just hoping its good, he's kind of a stubborn guy so I doubt I could change his mind even if its not a great skate.

They will not last for a long time if he is an accomplished skater. They are a cheap low-level skate.

thanks Chadd.. see I hate that store, they basically just try to push on the customer whatever they need to move out of inventory. I told him to specifically tell them he wanted a higher level skate that will last and they told him thats a newer skate and that it should last him a long time. he's all excited now and I kinda don't want to just straight up tell him he's buying a cheapo skate, especially since its still $230, but he seems to like the fit. is there perhaps a comparable skate around the price range, even a higher level of graf that fits the same as the 301?

Well check on the internet. Hockeymonkey and Hockey Giant seem to be selling higher end skates for cheap. Try the Graf 502