Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

j8Zt8r

1500C first skate

One of the guys just stopped by to show me the toe cap on his 1300s. The cap was soft and you could push in the toe cap with your fingers. He said Easton told him he voided the warranty when he put Tuuks on. Anybody else have their 1300 toe cap turn to mush?

Yeah me, i posted this on another topic about the skates. As you can see, they didnt hold up very well.

Had the 1300c's, high performance, loved that side of them.

sucked they couldnt be molded to the foot, but crap durability.

As you can see:

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10003321zz.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10003311yf.jpg

wow!

looks like they were in a fire or something.

Wow...Thats all I can say. For $500 skates, you think you wouldn't be skating around with you toes hanging out the front...

The real question is if the skate is going to sell after the third revision to it...customers remember things like that.

Revisions don't bother me if you've made a significant improvement, or in this case, correction. So far it seems like they (Easton) have done neither of the two.

Well they have at least corrected the ankle problem. So that's a start.

Woow, I had my 04 Synergys since they came out and mine show no signs of breaking down. Ive taken hard shots to the toe too and its still perfectly fine. I guess I got a pair out of a good batch.

I would still use them if they weren't too small.

I hope my new pro stock synergy 1300 last for awhile.

Coming from my ultralite sbx I feel like these skates put you too far back on your heels? Any body else get that? I thought these were the same holders, or really close but they feel pretty different. I think I might be looking into a profile job, or maybe having a pitch adjustment made to the skates or something. I need to read up on it first though. Any thing from you guys?

I would say the steel is in need of a good profile. Also, if the skate is super stiff, you aren't getting the forward flex out of it and you will feel back on your heels. Typically Eastons are pretty neutral feeling. Not as forward leaned as Grafs (Cobra holders) and not as heel happy as Bauers (Tuuk holders). I had the same issue as you when I went from Easton Z-Airs to Bauer Vapor XX's. A forward profile helped me fix it. My skate tech set the heel up 1/32 of an inch and it made a difference. I would recommend doing that before heel lifts. I don't think anyone really needs heel lifts. What's the point of having a carbon fiber outsole and then throwing on a piece of cheap plastic in between that and the holder? If profiled properly, and broken in, your skates will feel alot better. It took me about a month or so to feel right on my XX's, but once I did, I was skating better than ever.

One of the guys just stopped by to show me the toe cap on his 1300s. The cap was soft and you could push in the toe cap with your fingers. He said Easton told him he voided the warranty when he put Tuuks on. Anybody else have their 1300 toe cap turn to mush?

Yeah me, i posted this on another topic about the skates. As you can see, they didnt hold up very well.

Had the 1300c's, high performance, loved that side of them.

sucked they couldnt be molded to the foot, but crap durability.

As you can see:

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10003321zz.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10003311yf.jpg

DAMN when I swore I was never going to use THC again I thought MAYBE I'd try Easton but ... I'm apparently not easy on my skates so that is NOT for me.

Did you get your toe hurt at all? It looks like toward the end there you didn't have ANY protection at all. And the holders and laces are in MINT condition. DAMN

Yes they come out. They are almost glued in it seems, you just have to pull a little hard. I like the insoles they come with though.