Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

j8Zt8r

1500C first skate

it doesnt matter what you call your skates, heck ill call mine Yollanda for all i care, hes used to saying it, let him say it, im sure one post on a topic, is not a big deal, you guys can handle it, you guys are hockey players, take it, sure its anoying but not worth starting a big fight over it haha i sounds like doctor phile dont mind

Another update

I've skated in them almost 10 times now and i've got to say I love these skates. Very different from the 1300s. Stiffness is great I think, they completely fixed the ankle problems, and they are VERY comfortable. The toe box and the entire boot fits my foot like a glove, it's amazing. The skate really locks my heel in also. I'm able to get full complete strides without hardly any movement in my heel which is great coming from my F12s. NO pain whatsoever after several skates for almost 2 hours each. I'm even liking the RazorBladz holders.

I have no complaints with these and look forward to wearing them for a long time. I recommend giving the Synergy skates another chance if you did not like last years. I think you'll be suprised because they really made terrific skates in the entire line this year. Go try a pair on. :D

I recommend giving the Synergy skates another chance if you did not like last years. I think you'll be suprised because they really made terrific skates in the entire line this year. Go try a pair on. :D

Im with stupid.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why I would buy the 1500's if I had owned the 1300's and they cut my ankles, fell apart, and generally were crap. With high-end products out there from NBH, Kor, Graf, Mission or CCM why not try something else?

That's just my $0.02.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why I would buy the 1500's if I had owned the 1300's and they cut my ankles, fell apart, and generally were crap. With high-end products out there from NBH, Kor, Graf, Mission or CCM why not try something else?

That's just my $0.02.

Who says we had to pay for the 1500's? My Easton Rep took care of me. After all, I am the one that has to sell his product.

Zach

If you got them for free or as a replacement that's another story, but I'd sure have a hard time plunking down cash for the 1500's if I had bought the 1300's and they cut up my ankles and fell apart on me.

And I totally agree with you. I think my rep knew how dissapointed I was with the 1300's. However, the real question is when are they going to make CNT synergy skates......

Zach

The real question is when are they going to ship CNT Stealth OPS?!

I actually saw some in person today at National Sports on Dundas. $329.00 CDN I believe they wanted for one.

I recommend giving the Synergy skates another chance if you did not like last years. I think you'll be suprised because they really made terrific skates in the entire line this year.  Go try a pair on. :D

Im with stupid.

What is that supposed to mean?

mrusse01, go ahead read my post and did a little research on the skates, you'd see that Easton changed and fixed the ankle problem on the skates. It was a very simple fix in the ankle area of the boot. Maybe you should wait for some more feedback on the skates, and maybe go take a look and you can see the difference in them. We have several people skating in the 1200s and 1500s around here now and everyone loves them, including myself. It's fine if you don't want to give them a try, but maybe others want to.

I recommend giving the Synergy skates another chance if you did not like last years. I think you'll be suprised because they really made terrific skates in the entire line this year.  Go try a pair on. :D

Im with stupid.

What is that supposed to mean?

mrusse01, go ahead read my post and did a little research on the skates, you'd see that Easton changed and fixed the ankle problem on the skates. It was a very simple fix in the ankle area of the boot. Maybe you should wait for some more feedback on the skates, and maybe go take a look and you can see the difference in them. We have several people skating in the 1200s and 1500s around here now and everyone loves them, including myself. It's fine if you don't want to give them a try, but maybe others want to.

When I was dealing with Easton, they spent a lot of time telling me how they also fixed the glue problem. Where the skates will no longer come apart as well as the toe cap. I have been thrilled with mine. After skating in them a lot, they just kept getting more comfortable. I rarely notice I am even wearing them now. By far, the best skates I have ever owned. I like them more than my old 6000's.

I'll give you an example: If I bought the Vapor XX's and they had 'glue problems' leading to them falling apart in under a year, plus they cut my ankle to the point where it bled. Then the Vapor XXX's come out. I don't care what a rep told me, I wouldn't buy them. I would take them for free as a warranty replacement.

Why give your money back to a company that basically screwed you in the first place would be my thinking, even if they had fixed the problems. I don't give companies a chance to fix thier mistakes, I usually just buy something else.

I guess I'm a ruthless consumer, :ph34r:

Very understandable. A lot of people are not like that. They kept buying Vapor XXs even when those had extremely poor durability. I know in the Synergy's case it was the ankle problems that really turns a lot of people away.

Oh and by the way, just as a side note, I used the 1300s when they first came out and had ankle problems pretty badly with them. I'm now skating in the 1500s with no problems at all. Even though I did not pay for these either, if i did not like them I WOULD NOT use them. Just curious what happened to your synergys aside from the glue problem and ankle problems? They should actually keep their stiffness much longer than other skates.

One of the guys just stopped by to show me the toe cap on his 1300s. The cap was soft and you could push in the toe cap with your fingers. He said Easton told him he voided the warranty when he put Tuuks on. Anybody else have their 1300 toe cap turn to mush?

Ive seen that before. Was the carbon broke in the toe under the black to cap cover protector?

On a side note, my 1500's dont look to be holding up any better than my 1300's, probably even worse. Its not so much the toe cap cover dealies.....its the rest of the skate....well see.

Zach

I talked to the easton rep and he says that the durability issues with the 1300c (pieces coming unglued etc) have not been solved.

Looks like there is some conflicting information out there from the reps.

I've never owned any Easton skate, or any skate at all for that matter besides Bauer. But if I did get a pair of lemon Bauer's I'd go buy something else in a heartbeat. Right now I've got the Vapour XXX's and I love them, they are holding up wonderfully for me, had them five months now played probably twice a week on average.

I've been told they have fixed the problem. I haven't had any unglueing problems yet, but will update if I do. I am going to put LS2s on them though. I think they'll just feel more comfortable on the ice.

DarkStar, what do you mean by mush? like how a composite blade feels when it gets broken almost?

That is so ridiculous that if you put a Tuuk on the Easton skate, and the toe cap busts, that the new holder voids the warranty. Like it had anything to do with the toecap.

One of the guys just stopped by to show me the toe cap on his 1300s. The cap was soft and you could push in the toe cap with your fingers. He said Easton told him he voided the warranty when he put Tuuks on. Anybody else have their 1300 toe cap turn to mush?

Yeah me, i posted this on another topic about the skates. As you can see, they didnt hold up very well.

Had the 1300c's, high performance, loved that side of them.

sucked they couldnt be molded to the foot, but crap durability.

As you can see:

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10003321zz.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10003311yf.jpg

Yeah me, i posted this on another topic about the skates. As you can see, they didnt hold up very well.

Had the 1300c's, high performance, loved that side of them.

sucked they couldnt be molded to the foot, but crap durability.

As you can see:

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10003321zz.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10003311yf.jpg

wow!

looks like they were in a fire or something.

The real question is if the skate is going to sell after the third revision to it...customers remember things like that.

Revisions don't bother me if you've made a significant improvement, or in this case, correction. So far it seems like they (Easton) have done neither of the two.

The toe cap was not hard at all. You could press it in with your finger. The player told me he feels the ice if the toe cap hits the ice. I wouldn't even call it a toe CAP anymore. It is a toe cover. I feel bad for the player because he's a good guy. Now he is jonesing for One90s!! Good-bye Easton.......