Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eagles39

Things to do in Phily

I know that quite a few members here live in and around Philly. I am going there for a hockey tournement Memorial Day weekend and am looking for things to do. I am really into music so anyhting to do with that would be real cool. Also any iteresting museums and things would also be cool. I am going with my family and younger brother who is 10 so please only suggest places that I can go with my family or just with my dad. Thanks.

Do you know where you're staying? In the city you can check out the Art Museum, the Franklin Institute, the Liberty Bell. I think the Phils are in town, so you could check out the new ballpark. If you do, I suggest you try the Schmidter sandwich. It's fantastic.

Guest Datsyuk*13

I would like to see that place where Rockey ran to the top of the stairs. Does that even exist though?

erm the Wachovia Spectrum... :)

Anyway I was in Philly during Presidents Day, things that I would recommend...

1. Pat's or Geno's for Philly steak's, both are to die for.

2. Independence Hall

3. Philadelphia Museum of Art

4. Liberty Bell

5. go by the stadiums, I was there when they were putting the finishing touches on the Phils, looks like a nice place.

6. just drive around downtown

7. If you got a day off, drive out to Gettysburg or Atlantic City.

Gettysburg is 3 hours from Philly, not really a side trip. Camden aquarium isn't that bad.

The aquarium is pretty close. If you like amusement/water parks, you could head to Sesame Place (although you're probably too old for that stuff, even though it's still fun) or Six Flags Great Adventure. You might be too young to have any fun in AC (being as the water is still cold, you probably wouldn't have any fun at the shore).

definetly hit up the franklin institute, the whole family will like that. After that, check out indepenence hall, the liberty bell, constitution center, et all if you feel like doing the historic thing. If you dont, go to the art museum or camden aquarium. If you can ditch the 10 year old brother, check out the Mutter Museum on 21st between Market and Chestnut, its a museum of medical oddities :wacko:

I live in New Jersey so I go to Six Flags and stuff all the time. Sounds like there are some fun stuff to do. I will keep my eyes open for musical places and stuff like that when I am there.