Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rande

Synergy or Synergy II

Hi there,

well as you maybe noticed i got some money in spare and i want to buy a new stick.

Im not sure what to buy. I know its all PP but i just want to hear your impressions and meanings towards such things.

Either i would buy a 2005 Synergy ST (or ST Grip) Silver/Red (OctaneGreen) or maybe a 2006 Synergy II Tapered Shaft with a Synergy II Blade.

I havent used a Synergy II or any tapered shaft yet so i want to know something about it.

I cant test it in my LHS because they will order it because of their small space.

I hope i stated it quite clearly.

Thanks.

The consensus around here is the synergy II is just a synthesis, so you could save money getting a synthesis. The 2 piece combo will definitely feel lighter than the ST, if you have weight preferences. Even more so if you get the ST in grip. I don't know, it just feels tacky and bulky to me.

I finally got a chance to feel a Synergy II last week. It feels exactly like the Synthesis, IMO. I was quite disappointed by that :angry:

ill tell you right nw dnt go with the octane...you will not be happy with its performance but maybe its price... :D

He i was just talking about the Octane-ish color ;)

Octane is a piece of garbage, thats for sure.

Whatever.

So whats up with a decision between:

Synthesis + Synthesis blade

or

Synergy St (or ST Grip)

Guess i will go with the OPS btu im not sure.

I finally got a chance to feel a Synergy II last week. It feels exactly like the Synthesis, IMO. I was quite disappointed by that :angry:

Slightly different shaft shape. A hair smaller in the hands and smidge of concavity on the sides.

I finally got a chance to feel a Synergy II last week.  It feels exactly like the Synthesis, IMO.  I was quite disappointed by that  :angry:

Slightly different shaft shape. A hair smaller in the hands and smidge of concavity on the sides.

I guess thats not a fact to buy a Synergy II istead of a cheaper synthesis..

Thanks for your info tho.

You could also go with a synthesis shaft + synergy II blade. The synergy II blade's listed at 130g as opposed to 145 for the synthesis. My fopa synergy II weighs about the same as my tkachuk r2 composite blade, and the blade is thinner too. I know I'm splitting hairs but I really like light stuff :D

ill tell you right nw dnt go with the octane...you will not be happy with its performance but maybe its price... :D

He i was just talking about the Octane-ish color ;)

Octane is a piece of garbage, thats for sure.

Whatever.

So whats up with a decision between:

Synthesis + Synthesis blade

or

Synergy St (or ST Grip)

Guess i will go with the OPS btu im not sure.

oh lol i was going to say that stick is amazing :rolleyes: