Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Shoddy construction on Dolomite shafts?

I was at Hawk Hockey yesterday, looking at the Dolomite shafts. On about 10 shafts I checked, the end of the shaft where the blade goes was cut crookedly. So crooked to the point where when I put my cell phone flush across the top of that end, my phone started to slide off.

In every other aspect they seem like nice shafts but that's not very good craftsmanship, IMO. I was able to find a couple that were almost perfectly cut, but they still weren't completely even.

Has anyone else noticed this?

got mine at hawk and it was cut fine. both sides seemed to have been cut pretty evenly.

Were you in-store? Next time you go in there, take a look at them and let me know if you think the same. Next time I go I should bring a level....lol.

yeah i bought it in store. i didn't take a look at everyone of them. i'm pretty sure i got one of the first ones they had out on the floor. i know for sure the part where the taper is, it's even. i already tried two different blades on them so i looked at it pretty good. but the other end i'm not so positive cause i ended up cutting it anyways. but it wasn't that noticeable where it stood out in my eyes.