Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

Custom Goal Sticks

does anyone know if RBK or other companies other than Christian do goalie sticks? And whats the minimum order & price per stick? thanks

sherwood does my friend who is a left handed goalie gets them custom from him. He used the use there right handed MARR pattern but it got discontinued so they kept him on record with that pattern so now he gets them custom made in orders of 6, not sure of the price though

Many companies do custom orders. Minimum is usually three sticks. Check with your local pro shop to see what is available in your area. Big name companies like Sher-Wood etc. will normally only sell through your local hockey shop.

There are some online sellers, BuildAStick.com, Ballistik etc but I've never dealt with any of them so I couldn't make a recommendation.

You can also check out the goaliestore.com bulletin board to read up about some other people's experiences with custom sticks.

Hope this helps...

ive done a custom goal stick through rbk they were pretty good but to be honest if you want a custom stick sherwood is the way too go and min is 6. but sherwood you can tell them style curve, what lie,paddle height,if u want a knotch at the bottom like the eagles, diff colour, diff paddle material. sherwood is to be honest the king of custom sticks

how much did the custom sticks cost you, did you have to order them threw a pro-shop or did they let you order right from your huse. was it wort it in your opinion??

how much did the custom sticks cost you, did you have to order them threw a pro-shop or did they let you order right from your huse. was it wort it in your opinion??

it honestly is better ordering them through your lhs that way you and the sales guy can go into depth about what you want done and where you want things done instead of doing it over the phone where when the sticks are done they may not turn out how you expected them too

sherwood does my friend who is a left handed goalie gets them custom from him. He used the use there right handed MARR pattern but it got discontinued so they kept him on record with that pattern so now he gets them custom made in orders of 6, not sure of the price though

Ingle?

Ballistik hockey is doing the One Piece Goalie Stick. I saw the prototype last February at their office and it was spectacular and so freaking light. I used to be a goalie, now a forward/Defense and I have never held a goalie stick has light as that one. Problem is the price. They told me it would be around 250$/$ Canadian per stick. No quantity minimum to buy. At the time back in February they had the prototype and were about to get it tested for durability and resistance etc. Good helpful people too.

I just got 6 custom sticks from SherWood. In fact, all companies will do custom sticks at the condition you order within their minimum.

RBK, CCM, Itech all ask for 12 sticks minimum.

SherWood ask for 6.

pack01.jpgpack02.jpgpack03.jpgcurve.jpggrip.jpg

Those sticks are lighter than the retail 9950. Those sticks are great, I really like foamcore sticks. I was using Eagle sticks before (custom) and before that I had Christian sticks that were great too. In fact, I sent one of my Christian stick to SherWood as a sample to duplicate. My Christian was broken, but all they needed to see was the curve and the trigger-grip.

RBK, CCM, Itech all ask for 12 sticks minimum.

pphhtt! what!?!?! i swear somebody ordered some rbks and told me the minimum was 6 did they change that already? this sucks :(

I'm no goalie, but i'm just curious what the triangle cut out in the paddle is for?

I'm no goalie, but i'm just curious what the triangle cut out in the paddle is for?

Also from DDude: pphhtt! what!?!?! i swear somebody ordered some rbks and told me the minimum was 6 did they change that already? this sucks

First, the hole is to have a better grip to the stick. Normal, the index is stabilizing the stick when it's placed on the paddle. The rest of the hand holds the shaft (and index on the paddle). But having the index to close on the paddle gives a stronger grip, and you don't have to bring your index back when you do a paddle down move. It prevents from snapping your index on the ice.

For the RBK orders, sometimes stores let you order 6 and the store buys the remaining 6 and sell them, but I assure you, RBK won't do a custom stick if there's less than 12 units.

I am choosing between ordering Custom Woodies (players) from Sherwood, or just getting regular pro stock, what was the turnaround time for these?

I am choosing between ordering Custom Woodies (players) from Sherwood, or just getting regular pro stock, what was the turnaround time for these?

It took like 3 or 4 weeks before receiving them at my door.