Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PH_Hockey2

CCM Vector Sticks

How is the quality of the new Vector 120T and 120C. Do they have good puck feel, launch a good shot, durability and does the grip peel?

Vector 120 and they have a nice feel and all but my the controlling of the puck just isnt there. I dont know if its just me and also i cant shoot with it compared with my syn grip. Or maybe its just the curve ???? its a recchi and its got a nice look but i dono, i rather go wit the bonk....!!!

I have been using a Vector 110 stick for over a year now and love it. At first I could see (or should I say feel) the problem with lack of feel that everybody else has complained about, but I think that was due more to never having used a composite stick before than anything else. Now that I have gotten used to the stick I would never switch to another. I have tried to go back to wood sticks and have even tried an M-1 Grip and a Vapor XX, but have stuck with my Vector. My Vector is finally falling apart (the heal has developed an ever-growing crack, and the blade laminate is starting to peel), so I might have to switch to a 120 in the near future, but I will never use another stick besides a Vector if I can help it.

I had a Vector 110. It was very durable and overall it was a solid composite stick. I had a Thornton curve which took a while to get used to and I did measure it and found the curve to be illegal by NHL standards (lucky for me I don't play in the NHL!). Anyways, I thought the 110 was a great stick offered by a great company. If durability is your main concern I'd go with CCM. I have not had the pleasure of testing out a Vector 120 yet. Is it just me or did they overdo it a bit with the sparkles on the 120C?

I had a Vector 110. It was very durable and overall it was a solid composite stick. I had a Thornton curve which took a while to get used to and I did measure it and found the curve to be illegal by NHL standards (lucky for me I don't play in the NHL!). Anyways, I thought the 110 was a great stick offered by a great company. If durability is your main concern I'd go with CCM. I have not had the pleasure of testing out a Vector 120 yet. Is it just me or did they overdo it a bit with the sparkles on the 120C?

ya i would say they peel so easy...my stickers are wearing off already !!

The stickers are crap, as simple as that. The blade is good if you dont mind it getting a bit softer with time (still much stiffer than wood however). The shaft is good against skates and small dinks but feels "clunky."

The blades are different, from CCMs page:

110-

Dura-Coreâ„¢ technology

Graphite laminate

Bi-axial braided carbon sox

(GAMMASOX† technology)

Woven roving fiberglass

120-

CCM® synthetic Dura-Core™ technology increases durability and dampens vibration

Unidirectional high grade carbon fiber surface skin for stiffness

Exposed 45° TEXALIUM† Matrix for enhanced durability and torsional rigidity

i see the V120 as a 110 shaft with new graphics fused with a V60 blade

personally i hated the V60 blade, but i think it was mainly the lie i hated, so i stuck it in the bench door at the rink and snapped it

personally i hated the V60 blade, but i think it was mainly the lie i hated, so i stuck it in the bench door at the rink and snapped it

I sure hope they never gave you warenty for that.

naa the blade was a good 5 months old and i had already replaced it then put it back in the shaft, and blacked it out, and the mettallic wrap is whats on the V60's, so basically it is the same as the V120 blade

There are no warranties on V60 blades, or any blades for that matter.

hockey giant offers one on gear blades, or at least they did.

Well let me rephrase that; no big companies offer warranties on blades. If there's an exception to that and I'm wrong again, I'm just going to stop talking forever.

naa the blade was a good 5 months old and i had already replaced it then put it back in the shaft, and blacked it out, and the mettallic wrap is whats on the V60's, so basically it is the same as the V120 blade

For the last time, the blade on the V120 is like the V110's, graphite laminate + metallic wrap instead of ABS + metallic wrap on the V60.

I used a Vector 120 LH Doan curve Reg. flex for about 3 months before the blade broke at the heel. The 120 was a nice stick; OK feel, a great shooting stick, well balanced, the grip gripped but not too much, the grip peeled but not too much, and the shaft was as slash proof as a Suburban. The blade took a bit of getting used to, but once I got used to the kick point and the synthetic feel every thing was great. The lower taper really did add some punch to my wristers and snappers, but for the money I can't really recommend this stick over anything else in its price range. Get the right flex and lie and you just about have the perfect stick no matter who makes it or what it's made out of.