Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chilaxin12

Slim Fitting Shoulder Pads

I need some slim fitting shoulder pads, I look like a goof ball with really puffy shoulder pads, and I also like the added mobility of not having extra huge shoulder pads offers, I was wondering what pads are slim fitting, but still offer good enough protection.

I was thinking something a lil more protective.

i played college with the sherwood 5030 pads a loved them. Nice hard shoulder caps make for good hittin'

a lot of the itechs are good in mobility and low bulk. Some Eastons are like that if you can find any classic designs but usually their 'armadillo' caps offer low bulk

are you concerned about needing more protection in the shoulders, the chest, or both?

if you play in a no check league...you may want to try what i did...

i have a pair of itechs with decent chest protection, but the shoulders were a little bulky for me...i just cut the stitching off to the plastic shoulder caps and pulled them off. they still have protection in the front, and foam in the shoulders and arms. enough protection from pucks, and they're more comfortable without the caps, which i don't need cause i play beer league.

i have a pair of sherwood 5030's too but i don't wear them anymore since i modified the itechs.

if i do play college club next year i'll probably start wearing my jofas though :]

Easton Stealth 9 or 5's

Bauer 8000, 6000, Vapor 8, Vapor 6

I would go with these. I wear Jofa/Reebok shoulder pads because I consider them the most protective on the market but the ones above would be my choice if I didn't. Jofas tend to be bulky around the shoulder area so I wouldn't recommend them to you so I can be objective in this decision. ;)

I have Easton Stealth 5's and I think they are kinda bulky in the chest and back, I'd stick with the bauers, although bauer has bulkier shoulder caps than Easton, I guess thats the tradeoff, some guys on my team have Itechs, they seem nice and slim.

I used to have those Jofa high end 8800 shoulder pads a season ago playing college hockey, but I dislocated my shoulder again and came to realize shoulder pads do nothing except keep you "safe" from the glass. I have been using the Bauer classics which are a great pair of shoulder pads if you ask me. Even though my shoulder came out twice this year. At least I can get my jersey on without needing help over the shoulder cups. Just go with what your comfortable with. Try them on and see how you like them.

Nike shoulder pads tend to be on the less bulky side of things and still offer decent protection.

i have a pair of itechs with decent chest protection, but the shoulders were a little bulky for me...i just cut the stitching off to the plastic shoulder caps and pulled them off. they still have protection in the front, and foam in the shoulders and arms. enough protection from pucks, and they're more comfortable without the caps, which i don't need cause i play beer league.

I did the same thing with a pair of Jofa's that I own - cut off the caps. Happy with them so far...

YMMV

any one try one of the roller hockey padded shirts?

any good?

I have. Not my cup of tea. It is what it says it is - just a shirt with some foam pads in it.

I was using a modern set of shoulder pads, big and HOT. I switched to the Sherwood Traditional and I love them. At first I was a little worried about loosing the padding but I have never had a problem and have used them a couple of years now.

I have hit the ice and boards real hard in them no problem, also blocked some shots again no problem. (maybe I'm just super tuff - naaa)

I play both pick-up and in a non contact league.

I won't go back, In fact I gave my old pads away.

Check out the Itech SP50's. Same shoulder style as the 5030 but with very same back,chest and shoulder arch area.

Check out the Itech SP50's. Same shoulder style as the 5030 but with very same back,chest and shoulder arch area.

that's the one to buy!!!!

the rbk 3k is pretty light and protective, pretty slim too

Yeah, I have some 3K's and it feels like I'm wearing nothing around my shoulders, but I'm reminded they're there when I hit something. Very light, and good protection.