Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poncharella

Mismounted LS2 holder on Nike flexlite 12

Hi I bought my Nike Flexlite 12 6.5 EE 3 weeks ago. I noticed that the holder on the left looked a bit mismounted but decided to try them out for a couple of weeks to see if they would affect my skating. I wore them 3 times and they seem a little wierd to sate in but not that bad. Im wondering if this mismount is the problem or maybe i just need to get use to my new skates. What do u guys think?

Left_skate.jpg

Right_skate.jpg

Looks perfect to me, however, there is a tool that you can you to see if your steel is bent. If it is then the holder was mounted wrong, if not, then it's probably your skating, and you should look into power skating lessens.

actually you are wrong my friend. When a steel is bent it means that your holder is mismounted, it has nothing to do with blades. I have been working with skates for 15 years, so keep your mindless comments to yourself, unless you know what your talking about!!!!

Ok, I agree with you in a way, but the steel wont be bent if someone hasnt skated on the skates. And the steel isnt always bent, so Rethink that

Yes, a steel can be bent before you skate on it. Actually when the Vapor XX's came out Bauer had a majore issue with skates being sent out mounted wrong. And yes every pair of skates that is mounted wrong will have a bent steel

Yes, a steel can be bent before you skate on it. Actually when the Vapor XX's came out Bauer had a majore issue with skates being sent out mounted wrong. And yes every pair of skates that is mounted wrong will have a bent steel

Steel can be bent if the holder is perfectly mounted. Steel can also be warped, maybe thats what you mean about the Vapor 20s(XX).

and the first pick looked alittle different, maybe mismounted. take it to your LHS.

absolutely, but it seems like this guy skated on them once or twice, and it was a manufacturing problem, if so it would be warrantied

I recently had to have my left skate holder remounted on my Vapor XIX skate. The blade had an obvious warp. They initially tried to press the blade flat in some tool they have. It stayed straight for about 30 secs then moved back.

Oddly, I didn't really notice the warp as a player. It wasn't until I started ref'ing that I felt it. I guess because I do alot more gliding when ref'ing. My foot would wiggle back and forth rapidly, like an oscillation.

After it was remounted it's still a little tweaked, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant any further action. When I put a straight edge against the blade I can just barely see daylight between it and the blade. My LHS that did the work did say if I still had any problems they would see if they could get a warranty replacement pair for me. I don't know if I want to be without my skates for a few weeks though while Bauer evaluates them.

I think I might just go back to them though and see if it's worth sending them back to Bauer.

I'd really like to replace them with XXX's anyway, so maybe I can work something out where the warranty XIX's can be "returned" for credit towards the XXX's. Since I bought them there in the first place maybe they'll work with me.

Todd

when i did warranty replacement with my skates i didn't go one day without them. i gave them to my LHS and they gave me a new pair and they sent the skates back. So ask your LHS if they'll just do that.

Update - So i went back to my LHS yesterday and they said yes it might be a little off. They said I have 90 days warranty on the boot so they suggested trying them a bit more and if it bothers me to bring them back and they will send it to nike\bauer and have them check it out. So I will play with them a couple of more times and see if its worth it to have them changed.

Update - So i went back to my LHS yesterday and they said yes it might be a little off. They said I have 90 days warranty on the boot so they suggested trying them a bit more and if it bothers me to bring them back and they will send it to nike\bauer and have them check it out. So I will play with them a couple of more times and see if its worth it to have them changed.

If the holders are mismounted, I would have the skates fixed right away. Your LHS should be able to remove the holder and remount it correctly. If they are really bad send them back to Bauer now. Mismounted holders will hurt your skating, so there is no point in waiting to get them fixed.

actually you are wrong my friend. When a steel is bent it means that your holder is mismounted, it has nothing to do with blades. I have been working with skates for 15 years, so keep your mindless comments to yourself, unless you know what your talking about!!!!

Sometimes steel/replacement steel comes bent from the factory, before anyone even puts on the skate. It does not always have to do with the mount of the holder.

Actually when the Vapor XX's came out Bauer had a majore issue with skates being sent out mounted wrong. And yes every pair of skates that is mounted wrong will have a bent steel

You better be careful, You're not "allowed" to talk about Bauer problems on this board. I'm sure the Bauer kool-aid drinkers will attack you and send you countless PM's. :D