Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gettintwisted

Baking Kor Shift 1 skates

not to steal the thread but if anyone knows how to home bake RBK 8K's i would really like to know. im in the same positoin as gettintwisted, i didnt have a LHS hot get the skates from or to bake them for me. i thought i saw someone say that it says on the box for the one 90's but maybe thats becasue they are special.

You could have searched, but I'm bored, so here ya go...

Could you pm me the baking instructions? Interested in seeing them.

I'll just post them in case others want to see the same thing. I don't think they're top secret ;):

Thermo-Forming Instructions for KOR skates

Preheat the in-store thermoforming oven to 200˚ Fahrenheit.

1. Prepare the foot the same way you would for skating (i.e., put on appropriate socks).

2. Place skates in the oven for a Minimum of 8 minutes and a Maximum of 10 minutes.

3. Remove the skate from the oven. Use caution when handling the skate, especially in the area of the metal lacing eyelets, to prevent burning your hands.

4. While sitting in chair, put on the skates, kick the boot back to ensure heel lock and lace them the same as you would for skating. Do not over tighten the laces.

5. Position the knees over the toes while sitting; Keep the hip, knee, and foot in line.

6. Stand and apply pressure immediately after lacing the skate to form it to your foot.

7. Flex forward slightly in skating position. Ensure proper vertical alignment during the cooling process. Do not walk in the skates for the first 8 minutes of the molding process.

8. Keep the skate on for at least 15 minutes, or until it is thoroughly cooled.

9. Do not use the skates for 8 hours after the thermo-forming process to allow them to cool completely.

Notes:

•To achieve a proper fit, the thermo-forming process may be repeated up to a maximum of 5 times.

•To adjust small pressure point areas, a heat gun may be used along with a skate boot punch. Use caution to avoid burning the skate upper. An authorized Kor Hockey dealer should only complete this task.

here are the instructions that i got from Kor about baking in your own oven.

If you have a convection type of oven at home, then 200 for 10 min will work.

If your oven is a regular oven then be very careful. Make sure the oven grills are out of the oven and the skates don’t touch the oven elements.

A regular style oven should be set at 180 and heat the skates for 7 min.

Check the skates every 3 min to make sure the upper materials are not burning.

An actual skate oven is best; Graf style, Mission style and new Bauer style ovens are the best for the Kor skates.

Good luck and if you have any further questions, please drop me a line.

I emailed Kor and he sent me this document

:

Thermo-Forming Instructions for KOR skates

Preheat the in-store thermoforming oven to 220˚ Fahrenheit.

1. Prepare the foot the same way you would for skating (i.e., put on appropriate socks).

2. Place skates in the oven for a Minimum of 8 minutes and a Maximum of 10 minutes.

3. Remove the skate from the oven. Use caution when handling the skate, especially in the area of the metal lacing eyelets, to prevent burning your hands.

4. While sitting in chair, put on the skates, kick the boot back to ensure heel lock and lace them the same as you would for skating. Do not over tighten the laces.

5. Position the knees over the toes while sitting; Keep the hip, knee, and foot in line.

6. Stand and apply pressure immediately after lacing the skate to form it to your foot.

7. Flex forward slightly in skating position. Ensure proper vertical alignment during the cooling process. Do not walk in the skates for the first 8 minutes of the molding process.

8. Keep the skate on for at least 15 minutes, or until it is thoroughly cooled.

9. Do not use the skates for 8 hours after the thermo-forming process to allow them to cool completely.

Notes:

• To achieve a proper fit, the thermo-forming process may be repeated up to a maximum of 5 times.

• To adjust small pressure point areas, a heat gun may be used along with a skate boot punch. Use caution to avoid burning the skate upper. An authorized Kor Hockey dealer should only complete this task.

• IF YOU ARE USING A BLADEMASTER OVEN, PLEASE PRE HEAT FOR 5 MIN AND BAKE THE SKATES FOR 12 TO 15 MIN.