Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tsanga

Crease in eyestay

dude do you wrap the laces?? you may be tying the top few eyelets around your ankle too tight, so when you lean forward you are actually bending the boot instead of just the laces.

No, I don't wrap my laces. But yes, when I flex the boot bends and the eyestay collapses and that's how the crease got there. But I don't feel like I'm tying them too tight...?

well you can try looser up top.

or, the skates may be too deep for you. the sides of my boots only come up to the bottom of my ankle joint, so i don't flex the boot when i lean forward.

I used JR's method for determining skate depth...

The way to determine this is to take a pen or a ruler and have the skater kick the skate back while it is unlaced. Take a ruler or any straight object and put it across the foot around the third eyelet from the top. The ruler should touch both sides of the skate’s upper and not the top of the foot. If the skate is too shallow, the foot will bulge out of the top, and if it is too deep, the boot will crease and break down.

...and thought maybe it's too deep. But when I lay the straight edge across I just about form a line across the eyestays that barely misses the top of my ankle. Any shallower skate would cause the straight edge to sit on me and not the skate's upper.

So they fold over prety good then.......I will measure a pair tomorrow sounds like they might be a little to narrow...that being said if you are playing only a couple times a week there should be no issue at all...if a daily basis then maybe we look further!

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but what's the ideal spread (eyestay to eyestay)?

here are my faves... LACES and dont forgot they have to be yellow 

Thank you! I was looking for those. They are so hard to find. They're the best laces I've ever used. Guys @ LHS would look at me like a lunatic when I insisted on buying Graf laces or none at all.

Is it bad if boots form this crease? After it develops in my skates they feel a lot better. I do have narrow/shallow feet though so that could be why. I just like them when they collapse on my foot to make up for the volume difference maybe.

My Vapor XXX's have a crease in the exact same location, though it's not as pronounced. However, the material on the XXX's is different I believe. I say that the skates are breaking in, not breaking down. It is very common for this to happen at that location. I would worry too much about it. The skates look mint otherwise. Cheers.