Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Labeda Hum'er Chassis

Labeda Humm'r Hockey Chassis

Other Chassis used- Final Factor flat chassis, Red Star E-frame, Red Star Alloy, Mission Generator, Mission Vibe-2, Mission Vibe, Nexed Hi-lo,

5' 8" 148 Lbs

Background- I had these chassis mounted on to my Nike Flexlite 12's with the Tour deal. 100.00 for chassis, mounting, bearings and wheels, why wouldnt I give these a try?

Speed- Labeda claimes that these chassis give you more speed because of the stronger push off with bigger wheels. I wouldnt believe it until I tried them and boy where they right. These are the fastest chassis I have EVER used. The straight line speed is incredible! I have never used a chassis that gave me so much speed. I will never go back to hi-lo's now. 10/10

Maneuverability- When I first used these, they took some time to get used to to. Tight turns were very diffucult when I started, but I love the turning ability now. I seem to turn tighter on these then I ever did with a hi-lo Tranistions were also tough, but now its second nature with me. I dont notice any difference compared to the hi-lo with transitions though. 10/10

Grip/Stopping- WOW. These are the best gripping chassis I have EVER used. The all 80mm setup grip like a dream. I can stop so much easier with these than the hi-lo, It has to be because of the all 80 setup, because i also noticed increased stopping form my final factor (all 76mm)

Weight- The chassis itself is not one of the lightest chassis, but this is last years model, and they came out with the cat-eye, which is supposedly much lighter (I havent used it yet, but I will). I will be putting the cat-eye on my one90, so once I get the skates and use them, I will give a full review on them

I believe the humm'r deal is still being offered by Tour, so If you wanna try it, GO FOR IT. You wont be sorry.

10/10

Edited by kovalchuk71

Labeda Hum'er

7000 Series Extruded Aluminum Chassis

All 80mm Straight Frame

OVERALL RATING: 10/10

Other Chassis:

Mission Hi-Lo, Nike/Bauer One-Up, Sprung Frames

My Stats: 5' 9" 190 lbs, play 5+ times a week.

Background:

Mounted with Tour's deal for $108, which included return shipping, mounting, the chassis, Labeda Fuzion wheels, and Bevo Abec-7 Bearings.

Speed:

By far the fastest chassis I have ever used. The big wheels allow for more leverage, hence the greater power, and increased speed. I believed them, and it turned out true. I noticed an instant increase in speed, and after having tried Hi-Lo's again, there is no competition for the Hum'er frames. 10/10

Maneuverability:

After adjustments, depending on your adjustment rate, the turning difference that some people claim are no longer noticeable. In fact, I did not feel any to begin with, aside from having a longer wheel base. 10/10

Grip/Stopping:

Great control. These chassis can even allow you to use a higher wheel durometer, since they stress each wheel more in the stopping process, the weight and leverage in increased. I had always used X-Soft or Soft Labeda's, and 78A Rink Rats. I could now use 80A Rink Rats without problem. Stopping becomes a simple process with the Hum'ers, as they do, in general, increase the power of all motions. The stopping and in phenomenal, and the grip unsurpassed; no more wheel slip! 10/10

Weight:

The chassis has a bit more material than most Hi-Lo's, but it is well worth it's extra weight. Not too much difference, and is easily adjusted to. Hopefully, Labeda will be offering the mounting deal again, and I can get all my skates mounted! 9/10