Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hock20

light shinpads

I am thinking about picking up some bauer 6000's shinpads tonight does anyone have them, what do you think of them? What are the lightest shin pads?

I had Bauer 6000 shins and they knee cap cracked after about a year. They were comfortable, weight was okay, but after they broke I upgraded to the 8000's. Definitely a sturdier, more protective shin, but also heavier.

If you're looking for lightweight the 8000s I had were pretty light. I'd say go for those. Eastons are pretty light also.

Do you still want good protection? There are plenty of "light" shinpads out there, but they're very basic but don't offer a lot of padding, like Sherwood 5030... or are you looking for a top-end pad that doesn't weigh much?

Eastons are pretty light also.

Eastons are light but they have a tendancy to break when you block shots. One of the guys who used to play with us blocked a shot with his Eastons and not only did it break the shin pad, he had a hairline fracture of his leg.

Eastons are light but they have a tendancy to break when you block shots. One of the guys who used to play with us blocked a shot with his Eastons and not only did it break the shin pad, he had a hairline fracture of his leg.

I've taken several hard shots straight on with my S9s. Couple kids on my team have also with the 700 shins. I have seen some of the clear plastic break though

I've taken several hard shots straight on with my S9s. Couple kids on my team have also with the 700 shins. I have seen some of the clear plastic break though

The clear ones can't even handle a decent wrist shot.

k ill see what they have at the shop tomorrow, im wearing them at my tryouts so they have to feel perfect since i will only be skating in them 1 time before tryouts