Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

There is a lot of blackhawks gear in hawkzone

I had asked about shops in chicago, because I had a conference there earlier this week. The hotel I stayed at was near the hawkzone, so I popped in.

At the minute they have about 20-30 pairs of skates, some of the vector pros (barnabys) and several pairs of XXX skates, all for $100

They also have some TPS shafts and a bunch of Koho shafts, for $40, and at least 30 OPS (mainly CCM), all lefties though.

No one, not even eric dazes skates fitted me (he is 6'6' and 240 apparently), but I thought I would pass on the info.

The gloves wer $80 a pop, and at least 40 pairs there.

Just in case anyone is in the area and looking to get vector pros or xxx for $100.

There was some Eastons too, but again, they were all smaller than fit me.

None of them had sizes on the tongues but some had sizes on the holders, but best bet is to try them on.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I figured its equipment related.

Its actually HawkQuarters.

All OPS are $100

OPS are:

Vector - Helenius, Bell

R+ - MacLean

Koho - Daze

M-1 - Poapst

Nitro - Kuukonnen

Bauer Nike blade, and some straight blade Christians $10

the gloves mostly have ripped out palms.

Skates are a steal though, i scored Bell 9k's for $100

Pants covers $10

Anything in the size 7 range?

I would say yes.

I wear a size 11.5, and there was nothing in my size, lots of stuff in smaller sizes, I didn't even look at skates that looked small, so can't give you a definate answer.

Buzz, there were at least 20 or more pairs of gloves that were in good condition, palms and all when I was there on tuesday.

All the gloves are $80.

they also have a good range of jerseys, both game jerseys and practice jerseys, but were not guaranteed game worn, many were made and not used etc

I'm not sure where Hawkzone is but Hawkquarters is on Michigan Ave. I was there last month, but didn't walk away with anything because the sticks and blades were all lefties, the gloves, elbows and skates were huge for a lil'ol Asian like myself. I did find a pair of medium Bauer pants but they were tanks in terms of weight due to all the additional padding (sorry, I don't need that much for rec level play). I was tempted to pick up a Koho shaft, but I had already purchased far to many shafts at that time. Lots of luck to those that make it over there.

Anything in the size 7 range?

I would say yes.

I wear a size 11.5, and there was nothing in my size, lots of stuff in smaller sizes, I didn't even look at skates that looked small, so can't give you a definate answer.

Buzz, there were at least 20 or more pairs of gloves that were in good condition, palms and all when I was there on tuesday.

All the gloves are $80.

they also have a good range of jerseys, both game jerseys and practice jerseys, but were not guaranteed game worn, many were made and not used etc

how much were the game used jerseys, i would really want to buy won if the price was resonable

Are you still there? im pretty sure Byfuglien wears 11W Synerges,

Is hawkzone @ the united center or on Michigan Ave?

I am not still there

Its hawkquarters as stated by someone else, I am clearly mental and can't read big signs.

It was the one on michigan avenue, I was staying at the fairmont, so was only a few blocks away.

how much were the game used jerseys, i would really want to buy won if the price was resonable

The game used ones were $200, but the game made ones (the spares, ones for players called up but not used) I think were only $125. I could be off on that, I am a caps fan so wasn't looking at the jerseys, sorry.

sorry to hijack this thread but were there any goalie gear there?

I didn't see any there, but they had price lists for it. I don't know where they kept it. The pads were $500, the pants were $75. Those are the only 2 pieces of goalie gear prices that stuck out with me.

Hope it helps, I guess if you knew what kind of pads khabibulin wore (if they had his pads there) then you may think $500 was a decent price. Like I say, I didn't see actual pads, only the price lists