Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoXish

Also, Belfour is dropped.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170091&hubname=nhl

Also, having recently acquired Andrew Raycroft from Boston, the Leafs announced they weren't exercising the club option on Belfour's contract for 2006-2007 that would have paid him $4.48-million US. He'll get two-thirds that amount.

Belfour, 41, missed the last portion of the regular season last spring with a recurring back problem. He won 22 of the 49 games in which he appeared and had a 3.29 goals-against average and .892 save percentage. He passed the late Terry Sawchuk for second place in all-time NHL wins with a victory last Dec. 19.

"Eddie added a lot to the Toronto Maple Leafs and we appreciate all that he did for us," said Ferguson. "At this stage, we are taking a different direction, and we feel privileged to have had one of the game's great goalies play for the Maple Leafs."

Domi and Belfour now become unrestricted free agents at noon Saturday.

Belfour will be paid 1.5 mill over the next 2 seasons, not 2/3 of his contract. It was a special clause in the contract he signed before the last CBA. It was supposed to be 2 mill, but the 24% rollback dropped it down to 1.5

Its definitely his time to go, but I think its sad to see his career end this way. With the exception of Roy, he is the best goalie of this generation. He is 2nd all time in wins, 9th in shutouts, 5th in playoff wins, and 5th in playoff shutouts.

Well....now the Hawks can sign him and J.R. and....oh well give me a time machine that takes me back to 91 and my world would be perfect :rolleyes:

Well....now the Hawks can sign him and J.R. and....oh well give me a time machine that takes me back to 91 and my world would be perfect :rolleyes:

Weinrich and Carney are available too.