Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bruins3701

Why do people paint bottom of sticks black?

its the same reason they use black tape....it matches a the coloour of the puck and so they think the two same colours together the goalie wont be able to see it that well or at all.

Tons of topics on it it. There is a search function on this board and I suggest you please use it.

Tons of topics on it it.   There is a search function on this board and I suggest you please use it.

Sorry I could not find any that why I started this topic

I searched "paint" and found many topics. Thgis was on the 9th or so page.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?showtopic=9598&hl=

With all the crying you did you could have just answered his question.

Tons of topics on it it.  There is a search function on this board and I suggest you please use it.

Sorry I could not find any that why I started this topic

I searched "paint" and found many topics. Thgis was on the 9th or so page.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?showtopic=9598&hl=

I don't blame the guy for giving up on his search when the result was buried on the 9th page of your query.

I simply paint the bottom black because I find it distracting when there are say 3 or 4 different colors down the shaft + labels etc. just pp maybe. Maybe I should rather play with my head up anyway :D

I hate when users reply to a post that they can easily answer in 3 words with a one paragraph soliloquy on how there is a search function in the forum. Yeah, there is, BUT, it is not very powerfull. I have searched many times and have been presented with 20 pages of possible responses, where I would say 3 or 4 posts of the 20 pages were relevent. Most of the posts are 2 or 3 years old. We get new members every day, we have new answers and new questions. There is not a problem on this bored to where it is the same tblades question every 5 posts (ala easton board circa 2000). Calm down with those reponses.

That drives me up the wall as well. I also think it keeps some lurkers from asking questions. It's kind of rude, really. People who do that remind me of that Saturday Night live skit with the computer repair tech...

Anyway, on the paint thing, I have never done it. But I do often times tuck only one set of laces into my socks, and leave the other side out. That messes with the goalie a lot. This tactic, in concert with black tape is good for at least one more goal per game. Ha. The sad thing is that I really do this...but it makes no difference. I guess the point is that many of these things--like the paint on the stick, for example, create confidince in a player. So they do it.

I've used the search engine loads of times and never really found it useful. Why would someone even care if there was a post about a topic that had been covered before. By the time you rebuke someone for not using it, you could answer the question, or just ignore it all together. Some people need to just be a little more helpful with their information, and stop acting like their personally offended if a topic pops us that had been covered before.

Yeah this is a message board its here for questions. Not everyone has time to search and look through 6,000 threads with the word "paint" in it. Some people really need to take the stick out of their bums.

i do it to my sticks sometimes. i think it looks cool. i use white tape over it also.. i dunno i love wood colored or black blades. black looks good imo and looks flashy a bit. theirfor i like it

Depends Vapor, if everybody wears pinks, and someone comes out with say an all black equipment or clothes, this one would be more apparent.

I agree with the looks of black blade or wooden, I prefer my blade to be all black. White just looks bad for a blade IMO.

I prefer black blades and black tape. I find it less distracting. I find i notice my blade in my peripheral (sp?) vision If i have white tape on it.

And i think Black looks cooler IMO.

Im yet to paint my current sticks but i think i may soon. Can you use any spray paint?

Some players I talk to say that it makes the blade durability better..Haven't tried it yet but im bound to try it soon (God knows my SL needs it) I too find that white tape gets in my peripheral vision, and ive just always liked/ used black tape

i found black spraypainted blade distracting my vision, If the original color of the blade is black, it fine. but if it is spraypainted i can't get used to.