Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Sean Avery in the making?

He plays goon hockey. Call me Euro but I believe hockey should be skill...stickhandling, speed, quick passing, shooting...not running guys just to get them pissed. Maybe I should be mad at the coaching staff for making him do that? Regardless, it doesn't belong in the game.

The team that wins the cup every year are the ones with the most tough role players (who hapen to usually be Canadian).

Why I hate Don Cherry...

I'm all for hitting, I love it..when it's appropriate. Avery is, like said above, a jackass on the ice and I just don't think his crap belongs in the game. I don't know if you have found out, but there are role players aside from idiots going around and trying to hit as hard as possible for no reason but to piss people off. I didn't see any Averys on the Canes...

He plays goon hockey. Call me Euro but I believe hockey should be skill...stickhandling, speed, quick passing, shooting...not running guys just to get them pissed. Maybe I should be mad at the coaching staff for making him do that? Regardless, it doesn't belong in the game.

The team that wins the cup every year are the ones with the most tough role players (who hapen to usually be Canadian).

Yet you're from Michigan. Eerie.

Yet you're from Michigan. Eerie.

Eh. I'm a super proud American, but when it comes to hockey Canada owns are I try to play a Canadian style of game. Most American players are kind of pussies. Exception of Wisniewski who is from the same city as me.

idiots going around and trying to hit as hard as possible for no reason but to piss people off.

I'm going to guess you've never played Midget or Junior hockey.

I can see why an assumption of American players being pussies is made when they're on their knees giving away this much man-love.

idiots going around and trying to hit as hard as possible for no reason but to piss people off.

I play Midget AAA Hockey. :rolleyes:

They play hockey in Arizona?

Yes, quite good actually. If you want to argue about it I can show you my National Championship medal if you'd like?

Yes, quite good actually. If you want to argue about it I can show you my National Championship medal if you'd like?

Nah, I was just wondering. 'Cuse here in Michigan and in Canada (I'm guessing Minnesota and Massachucetts too) if you don't hit you don't play.

I'm guessing you didn't play any Midget Major teams in Michigan for that Nat. Champ. medal either.

I said before I am all for hitting. I'd consider myself a pretty physical defensman also...There is a difference between being physical and being a goon.

okay please no fight about this. Everybody on internet here can say that they once in their life played with crosby,sakic ovechkin etc etc LOL.

Or that they play QMJHL or OHL or whatever.

-I also don't want any proof Edge, or get in the fight of who is better than who :D I'm just saying that it is not worth it.

The only problem with that argument in regards to Avery is that he is a huge pussy.

The only problem with that argument in regards to Avery is that he is a huge pussy.

Now I don't know you but I'm willing t o bet big money you would not say that to his face. And if you did you wouldn't be around long enough to tell about it.

I'm guessing you didn't play any Midget Major teams in Michigan for that Nat. Champ. medal either.

Wow... :rolleyes: to get to the nat. championship you have to go to regionals...sorry if your michigan team didn't make it. And actually this past year we played a team from michigan up there and beat them...Don't get me started on this.

Wow... :rolleyes: to get to the nat. championship you have to go to regionals...sorry if your michigan team didn't make it. And actually this past year we played a team from michigan up there and beat them...Don't get me started on this.

What team was it so I know what kind of competition you were against.

Compared to the average guy (me), Sean isn't a pussy. Compared to the average Canadian NHLer, he most definitely is.

PS- Note how I didn't feel the need to include the last 12 replies in posting this.

Jesus dude, I don't remember! I played AA last year at nationals and I think they were called the Wolves or something. They ended up winning the nationals but we beat them in the prelim. games 6-4 I believe. We got upset this past year in the quarters going into them 1st seed...bad day for our goalie. Not an excuse, just a fact.

Jesus dude, I don't remember! I played AA last year at nationals and I think they were called the Wolves or something. They ended up winning the nationals but we beat them in the prelim. games 6-4 I believe. We got upset this past year in the quarters going into them 1st seed...bad day for our goalie. Not an excuse, just a fact.

I'm not Jesus. And I was just wondering.

Good one! :rolleyes:

Lets take this to PMs if you want to keep going, so we can spare the others our idiot comments.

Last post.

Avery has 10 times the skill you do, even if you are a stud on some Midget AAA Arizona team. If you make the NHL then you can call him a goon. 15 goals at any professional level is good especially for a "goon".