Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

awall

Dallas I-Leage Seeks Goalie

I've met a few people on these boards that are from my area so I thought I'd give it a shot. Our new season in Farmers Branch has just started and my goalie suddenly at the last minute decided that she didn't want ot play. I'd be willing to take a fill in, but I am really looking for someone who would be willing to take the slot till the season ends in September.

Our games are on Friday nights, and this weeks game is at 9p. Send me a PM or reply if your intersted. Thanks.

Adam

Adam, we could really, really, really use your help on the Misfits.We only have 2 lines of D and almost 2 lines of O. My D lineman lost his house in a fire on Wednesday, and currently has more important things on his mind than making all of our games. If you wanna sub for us, PM me. Our games are all at 11:15 on Saturdays, and we aren't playing the Tundra Monkeys the rest of the season so they wouldn't see that you defected. We would really like you on our team next season as well if you're interested.

Drew, Let me know if you need a body in September, I'll be in town for the NAB radio show.

The goalie position has now been filled and my stress level has finally dropped.

Drew,

I'll think about playing and give you a decision shortly. I've kinda gotten used to having Saturday nights free again and am deep into the World of Azeroth (World of Warcraft).

Is Joe still playing for yall? What color jerseys are yall wearing this season?

Drew..I wouldn't worry about him sandbagging...I've seen AA players subbing in the Euless D league...( I have no idea where Chadd is as a player..was a comment directed towards the DPSC's)

Euless is bad for sure ...

I know a guy that played Junior A that subs in the Grapevine D league

It's a free for all ... no kind of regualtion at all

You ought to see some of the "I-League" players at Farmers Branch. Our first season my team was as close to true I-league as you could get. The most experienced of us had played hard around 6 years ago. We got slaughtered. The next season we went out and brought in a few sandbaggers to at least get us on the board and we moved from last to about middle.

I'm all for playing against people who are more skilled than I am cause you always learn something, but when this I-leaguer tries to keep up with a B & C leaguer the only thing I learn is frustration.

I hate to say this, but the best I-league game I ever played was when the Tundra Monkeys played the Misfits last season at Frisco. That was the first time where I felt that the people I was playing against were as skilled as I was. Sadly the rest of my team had considerable more skill and took advantage of them. That and the Misfits goalie who gave up rebounds much like a politician does pork. Has he gotten any better this season?

You ought to see some of the "I-League" players at Farmers Branch. Our first season my team was as close to true I-league as you could get. The most experienced of us had played hard around 6 years ago. We got slaughtered. The next season we went out and brought in a few sandbaggers to at least get us on the board and we moved from last to about middle.

I'm all for playing against people who are more skilled than I am cause you always learn something, but when this I-leaguer tries to keep up with a B & C leaguer the only thing I learn is frustration.

I hate to say this, but the best I-league game I ever played was when the Tundra Monkeys played the Misfits last season at Frisco. That was the first time where I felt that the people I was playing against were as skilled as I was. Sadly the rest of my team had considerable more skill and took advantage of them. That and the Misfits goalie who gave up rebounds much like a politician does pork. Has he gotten any better this season?

Nope, we've got a new goalie who gives up rebounds like a hooker turns out tricks , however he has a much better attitude and personality. Joe isn't back either. As far as D skills go, somehow I have the most skill :rolleyes: . You have a very good attitude towards playing, and we rather would play, have fun, and get our asses handed to us rather than taking ourselves to seriously and yelling at each other. In other words, WE'RE ALL ABOUT THE "BEER" IN BEER LEAGUE. We wear the red Blackhawks jerseys, and if anyone wants to play for us, or sub for us, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my coordinator's e-mail address. Any help or people that you know that need a team, please lewt me know.