Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notorious#29

Tips For Fixing A Net?

While I was shooting on my net today, I ripped a slapper and managed to put a hole in my net. I don't think the hole is big enough to justify buying some new netting just yet, but it's just big enough to annoy me. Anyone got any ideas on patching it up?

I use an old piece of lace to just re-tie the netting. A good tip that they tell you at the referee seminars is to use a few 'zip-ties' as they are pretty durable and will hold tight.

I use an old piece of lace to just re-tie the netting. A good tip that they tell you at the referee seminars is to use a few 'zip-ties' as they are pretty durable and will hold tight.

Do you mean those plastic wire ties...?

those would work great.

Does anyone know where I could get the netting that they use on ice hockey nets? I'm not sure if anyone has noticed by the netting for street hockey nets has way bigger meashing.

those would work great.

my friend used the zip ties to hold his net on the post of his goal. they held up very well

those would work great.

my friend used the zip ties to hold his net on the post of his goal. they held up very well

i done this and i used the transparent ones. as good as new.

I use zip ties as well, but hitting them directly on can snap them. However, I use the black ones because they're UV resistant, and in theory should last longer.

I have some extra cord used to string the net on (cheapie net). I tie the hole up then melt it with a match; otherwise it comes undone. You can prolly buy thin nylon cord/rope easily.

Duct Tape! And Gardening Wire! When I was younger and we played street hockey everyday of the summer for 4 years straight, we had the same net all 4 years ,never changed it. And it was a wimpy one from walmart! We also played with pucks! I'll try to get a pic. up soon! :lol:

Wire ties come in tests like fishing line so make usre you get something around 70lb. test or higher. They will hold up better.

i'll 2nd that... those work great