Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grafman

NBH Vapor XXX Woody

This may be the first OPS that I buy. So far it's been all shaft/blade combos, most recently Synthesis.

I really like the look of this XXX Woody stick.

did anyone else think it was slightly blade heavier? Also the wood finish is just a decal that you can peel off if you spend enough time at it.

I didn't find it more blade heavy what so ever. I looked down the shaft on the inside and it looks as if they MIGHT have reinforced the sidewalls a little more.

The blade itself is one of the best finished blades I have ever seen and the grip is also really nice, IMO perfect.

As for the wood effect being a decal... yes obviously, colour underneath will be black/ natural carbon fibre. The finish and decal seem very durable so no worry here on it chipping and lookin bad. :P

They now have a measurement on the back of the stick showing you what flex it will aprox. be when you cut it down to certain points.

I've used a Vap XXX several times before and will use this stick on wednesday. It will be interesting to see if I find a difference... no difference though, stick still looks amazing.

I didn't find it more blade heavy what so ever. I looked down the shaft on the inside and it looks as if they MIGHT have reinforced the sidewalls a little more.

The blade itself is one of the best finished blades I have ever seen and the grip is also really nice, IMO perfect.

As for the wood effect being a decal... yes obviously, colour underneath will be black/ natural carbon fibre. The finish and decal seem very durable so no worry here on it chipping and lookin bad. :P

They now have a measurement on the back of the stick showing you what flex it will aprox. be when you cut it down to certain points.

I've used a Vap XXX several times before and will use this stick on wednesday. It will be interesting to see if I find a difference... no difference though, stick still looks amazing.

the sample we got was already banged up and the decal was chipping all along the sides of the shaft and on the top & bottom of the blade.

Regardless, it looks nice but I don't see myself picking one up since I'm happy with my regular XXX Lite. It's a great idea done to a great stick :)