Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mew1838

alienware pc

My notebook got stolen and I'm thinking of getting an alienware to replace it. I heard they have sucky customer service, anyone dealt with them before?

They were bought out by Dell. Dell does not have good customer service. Dont believe the ads from years ago, their customer service is terrible, and has exponentionaly gotten worse year by year.

I would not suggesst an alienware unless you are going ultra high end (5k+).

Dell quality really shit the bed 2-3 years ago, and only now are getting alot better.

My new loaded up Dell Dimension E510 is one of the best computers i've used in a long time, including macs. Fully loaded its up to only $1,660. Not to mention its got a pretty shiny white and brushed metal case, just like macs. :rolleyes:

...And you can probably find some crazy coupon to getup to 35% off.

Almost all of our office machines are Dells (Not mine...'cause it's a specilized machine for production, so I'm exempt from the "Dell Rule" thank GOD!) but of the 20-30 machines...about 10 have fried motherboards already...not good odds.

i think hp computers are great. thats all my family has and they are wonderful!!

a friend of mine got a reallly nice one with big screen and videogame technoology in his computer for like 12,000.

we have only had one dell and it just went right down the crapper from the get go. i have stayed away from dell since then.

is that true? dell has great service.

Heck no. Dell is terrible.

And Vapor, for 5k, I've already mentioned these two (they're tons better than Alienware) but Falcon-NW and Voodoo PC

Im not saying the price. I am saying their top of the line notebooks are the best, in my opinion, they cannot be matched. They are overpriced though.

i think hp computers are great. thats all my family has and they are wonderful!!

a friend of mine got a reallly nice one with big screen and videogame technoology in his computer for like 12,000.

we have only had one dell and it just went right down the crapper from the get go. i have stayed away from dell since then.

Video game technology, nice! Hp does not offer a gaming machine. The largest monitor they offer is 21" and retails for 500 bucks. There is no HP PC that is over 11k.

For the price of 1 Alien Pc you could make about 3 with the same spec

thats why i have never even thought about buying an alienware pc. you just pay for the name.

Almost all of our office machines are Dells (Not mine...'cause it's a specilized machine for production, so I'm exempt from the "Dell Rule" thank GOD!) but of the 20-30 machines...about 10 have fried motherboards already...not good odds.

Thats because the dumbasses mounted the cooling fans backwards blowing the warm air back onto the motherboard. Few months later the thing will obviously grenade.

Happened to me last august. They replaced it with an optioned out desktop that my dad now uses.

For the price of 1 Alien Pc you could make about 3 with the same spec

I would love to see you build an SLI notebook at that price. Ive got 10k in it for you if you can.

I was over exagerating but they are over priced

In a PC, sure, they are overpriced. But They have done some amazing things in the laptop department, and it might just be worth the money.