Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buffaloBam36

Why do i always get skate issues!wtf

Well after waiting for a week for my vector pros to arrive, they finally came today!

Well I bought a size 8.5. My current pair was a 9D in tacks. I try on the vector pro and it feel like its a freaking 9! the foot pads are even the same length as the 9Ds.

I can prob fit into a 8D! how is this possable? I wear a 10.5 shoe! Now i was not expecting a major differance in size seeinghow it is only a .5 size down but still !

What can I do or should I do? Should I mail them back to hockeymonkey and get a size 8? Also these are some nasty stiff skates.......i like that better then my floppy 892's.

Well after waiting for a week for my vector pros to arrive, they finally came today!

Well I bought a size 8.5. My current pair was a 9D in tacks. I try on the vector pro and it feel like its a freaking 9! the foot pads are even the same length as the 9Ds.

I can prob fit into a 8D! how is this possable? I wear a 10.5 shoe! Now i was not expecting a major differance in size seeinghow it is only a .5 size down but still !

What can I do or should I do? Should I mail them back to hockeymonkey and get a size 8? Also these are some nasty stiff skates.......i like that better then my floppy 892's.

I believe when you asking for help in the begining it was mentioned you should go smaller. I would send them back dont even think about it. Send them and get the smaller size. They will only stretch as you wear them so you want the tightest fit possible.

I wear a 9 shoe and a 6 in any of the CCM/RBK skates.

Most people don't wear shoes in their actual size. I wear shoes that are 10, sometimes 10.5 but my skate size is generally in the 7 range.

Im a size 12 in Nike Shoes(with my toes touching the tip) and wear a size 9.5 in RBK/CCM, actually 9.25 but they dont make that retail.

I would go with 2.5 sizes smaller than your actual shoe size to be completely safe, which is an 8. You might even be able to fit in a 7.5.

Thanks for the help guys. I was just shocked is all. i really thought an 8.5 would be a snug tight fit, after reading the sizing charts. Also is the foot measuring

tool the LHS use, just like a generic sizing aid? because Back a year ago I was measured for a 9? But i am guessing that it is just to give you an idea.

Sorry about ranting in my post but i was just shocked. I will mail them back. I really wish my LHS had senior sizes in pros left so i wouldnt need to order online.

All I hope is hockey monkey accepts the exchange, because it is a sale item?

Well thanks guys!

Should I mail them back to hockeymonkey and get a size 8?

Another reason to buy from your LHS. If you got any kind of deal from hockeymonkey (clearance, sales etc) then they wont take them back.

HAHAHA! I love it!!! People never learn.

I have said it 10000000s of times that if you buy skates, you NEED to go to your LHS and get fitted. Would you order braces online if you think you knew how to strap them to your teeth to save a few bucks?

I live for theads like this. Thank you OP, you have made my day :)

Another reason to buy from your LHS. If you got any kind of deal from hockeymonkey (clearance, sales etc) then they wont take them back.

Teachers teach to see their students LEARN. The students have a glimmer in their eyes when something in their heads click and they understand what the teacher is teaching.

Preachers preach to save people. Changing their lives and giving them a reason and purpose in their lives.

I have said it 10000000s of times that if you buy skates, you NEED to go to your LHS and get fitted. Would you order braces online if you think you knew how to strap them to your teeth to save a few bucks?

I guess you didnt read this part?

I really wish my LHS had senior sizes in pros left so i wouldnt need to order online.

He just wrote that his LHS didn't have the pros in senior size, that's why he went online, I think you should go back to school to learn how to read.

Really dude, read the whole topic before you decide to be a dick.

My bad.. Im sorry.

I usually read the entire thread, but I guess I jumped the gun.

You could try a new footbed or adding a footbed. I HATE hockeymonkey's service.. I wouldn't be suprised at all if they didn't take the skates back. All else fails, you can sell them on ebay and limit your losses :(

sorry again.

You are still right thought about getting fitted by a GOOD LHS, like JR said, you should not buy skates without trying them on, I think Buffalo should have tried the other company they had in stocks.

I am a firm person when it comes to my LHS, much rather buy from them and try the product on, no question! But they like most retailers are prety much real low on the popular sizes for the vector pros. No harm done for ragging on me, if i did what u thought i did, i deserve to be raged on! YA well I called the "monkey" and as i thought ALL SALES FINAL! but i will not complain about it, thats the gamble you take when ordering skates online. I prob will toss them on ebay and try to get back atleast have of what i spent. Then i will save up for a skate i can buy at my LHS. Thanks again boys for the tips and feed back!

a little update: i decided to try a skate in them tonight. Firts thing I noticed was how stiff they are. I never had a stiff skate before, but i know come to love it.

It seems to me that i get more "pop" or "power" in my stride by way of me having to bend harder at the knees. I think I may need to change the rocker and pitch on my steel If decided to stick with these. I have my steel sharpened 1/2 for summer, a 9ft rocker amd medium toe down pitch. That was the settings on my steel for my size 9 tacks. I simple put that blade on the pro's> it felt a little un-easy at 1st. It felt like Maybe the rock was too long for the boot and that the medium toe down was not enough? How is this ? DO i need to have these rockeres to a 8ft if i keep them, I have a feeling i am stuck with them. BUt really they felt great boot wise, better then my 9 D tack.

I think not many retailers have vectors pros in good sizes like monkey does, don't blame the guy....

True, Once I lowered the price, the "good" sizes went fast. Most LHS don't stock as many as the web stores so they will run out quick (Which is what they want) Zero inventory of a closeout model is a good thing. Anyway, I even tried to order some from CCM for a customer and they were all out, so if one really wants one you may have to go to monkey or one of the other online stores.

I think not many retailers have vectors pros in good sizes like monkey does, don't blame the guy....

True, Once I lowered the price, the "good" sizes went fast. Most LHS don't stock as many as the web stores so they will run out quick (Which is what they want) Zero inventory of a closeout model is a good thing. Anyway, I even tried to order some from CCM for a customer and they were all out, so if one really wants one you may have to go to monkey or one of the other online stores.

Not to go up CCM's butt or anything but so far Vectors are the only thing that will fit my foot correctly (short of customs).