Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthStar

Consigning Hockey Gloves

when i have gone to play it again sports in towns where hockey is big, i have allways seen a wide assortment of used gloves, along with anything used. even blades.

I picked a brand new Vaughn catch glove for $40 @ Play It Again and turned around and sold it to a beer league goalie for $100

I got my Kid his gloves there for $25- barely used Eagles

If you know what things are worth you can get some great deals

I got my first pair of gloves from a used sports place (replay sports, in arlington va, now called pro-sports plus or something).

They cost me $25. When I bought them I didn't even know how to skate, much less know about equipment. They just fitted my hand.

They were teal, white and black, and said SELANNE on them.

They lasted me 3 months, I got a hole in the palm, and threw them out.

It only hit me long after the fact that they may have actually been selanne pro-stock, and I could have got pro level gloves repalmed for about $50, and had high end gloves for $65 all in.

I did'nt know about MSH, repalming or the likes then.

Sort of pissed about it all now in hindsight

I got a pair of used gloves at play it again for $5, nice considering they've lasted me 6 months of playing roller and ice. I just bought some used eagles, it cuts the costs of new gloves until I can decide on which new gloves I want to shell out $100+ for.

*edit - Before buying ANY used hockey equipment I recommend using some sort of anti-bacterial disinfectant.

I got a pair of used gloves at play it again for $5, nice considering they've lasted me 6 months of playing roller and ice. I just bought some used eagles, it cuts the costs of new gloves until I can decide on which new gloves I want to shell out $100+ for.

*edit - Before buying ANY used hockey equipment I recommend using some sort of anti-bacterial disinfectant.

ya definatly wash anyhting yu get used you dont know whats been in/on it.

I have bought a couple of used gloves in my time,

I bought them from Sports Traders it's a good place to trade items, and buy used items,

it was a pair of Eagle gloves

I work at a sports store and we take in used equiptment, we consign or give store credit for equiptment, and to be honest a lot of steals can be found in the used gear, usually it doesn't last long sometimes being sold within the day it comes in, but every once and a while you can find a few diamonds in the rough.