Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SickLife

new skates hurting my ankle bone

i just got tour code 2's, & i like them. but the left skate rubs my inner ankle/foot bone pretty bad. my ice skates to it too, i'm not really sure if thats supposed to change after they break in or not, but my old ccm's & missions never hurt like this. any ideas? thanks.

I have this problem with my Beemers and it never went away. I highly suggest baking and having the problem area punched-out at your LHS

I have the E2's as well and they have stayed pretty stiff now for about 6 months, I would consider baking them or wearing big socks like I do.

speaking of baking, i have a convection oven at home, can i use that? thats the type they use to do it, right?

it is the type we use to bake skates, but I would recommend you just go to your local hockey shop and get it done, better safe than sorry

speaking of baking, i have a convection oven at home, can i use that? thats the type they use to do it, right?

it is the type we use to bake skates, but I would recommend you just go to your local hockey shop and get it done, better safe than sorry

yeah, you're probably right. i just feel guilty for not buying them at a local shop, you know?

I go through a lot of different boots for testing my frames, and I have weird ankles, and I get this one with a lot of boots.

The one thing that might help besides the baking, is to take a good look at how the inner side of the tongue rests on you ankle. There's a nerve right there that if the tongue goes over it wrong it'll kill you.

On a lot of different boots I've found that I can trim the thickness of the tongue or even cut it away from my ankle. This is the best solution I've ever found.

I know that I've gotten comments from some of our players, who end up with the altered boots, that their ankle doesn't hurt like normally. It's amazing how much a lot of boots hurt, and how little players talk about it. Like a foot migraine is supposed to be normal!!

Why not just get another pair of misssions? if you liked them last time, and personally i think they are the easiest to break into. i never bake them. just outa the box and go. just me

I go through a lot of different boots for testing my frames, and I have weird ankles, and I get this one with a lot of boots.

The one thing that might help besides the baking, is to take a good look at how the inner side of the tongue rests on you ankle. There's a nerve right there that if the tongue goes over it wrong it'll kill you.

On a lot of different boots I've found that I can trim the thickness of the tongue or even cut it away from my ankle. This is the best solution I've ever found.

I know that I've gotten comments from some of our players, who end up with the altered boots, that their ankle doesn't hurt like normally. It's amazing how much a lot of boots hurt, and how little players talk about it. Like a foot migraine is supposed to be normal!!

good advice, thanks.

Why not just get another pair of misssions? if you liked them last time, and personally i think they are the easiest to break into. i never bake them. just outa the box and go. just me

for $295 you can't really beat the tour skate, it came with genesis wheels (like 9 bucks each usually) & abec 9's. :shrug:

i didn't love my missions, it felt ok on the ankle, but isn't as wide. tour is a wider skate.