Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jon93

aehl

has anyone ever heard of this league.2005 was its first year.

its jr A hockey.they play around the east coast us and quebec.

http://americaeasthockey.com/

theres a couple tryouts coming up soon there on the page if anyones interested

(im to young to play but they have a team i'll be whatching this season)

Is it just me, or are the random tiny Jr. A leauges popping up everywhere?

Nope, you are right, there are Jr. A teams who have no business calling themselves that.

There are so many watered-down, pseudo junior leagues today....if you aren't good enough to play in a real league, don't play in a bush one and call yourself a jr. a player.

Do not play in the AEHL!

PLEASE DO NOT

PM me what your options are and I will offer some advice.

im to young to play this league anyways

in 2 years i'll see what i can do for juinors

worst league in the US

how is it the worst league im sure theres more leagues that are new and not doing so well

2005 would be classed as new as far as leagues go

Does being Jr A mean they qualify for the Memorial Cup? Of course, if by some miracle they win their way there.

Memorial Cup is the Championship of the Canadian Hockey League...made up of Jr. Teams from Ontario (OHL), Western Provinces (WHL) and Quebec/Eastern Provinces (QMJHL). There are a few American based teams in the CHL...but the AEHL is not the same thing.

There are so many watered-down, pseudo junior leagues today....if you aren't good enough to play in a real league, don't play in a bush one and call yourself a jr. a player.

Very true sherwood, you play your hockey in the Toronto area right? Have you heard of the new metro Jr A league? Looking at the draft(they only drafted kids that are coming for sure) I just shook my head. You also have to pay 3 grand. http://www.gmhl.net/ can anyone say bush league?

Very true sherwood, you play your hockey in the Toronto area right? Have you heard of the new metro Jr A league? Looking at the draft(they only drafted kids that are coming for sure) I just shook my head. You also have to pay 3 grand. http://www.gmhl.net/ can anyone say bush league?

Yeah I play in Toronto. Funny you bring that league up. Theres a 3rd liner on my school's JV team who got drafted to King City :lol: . King City with a Jr A team? Are you serious?

Even the OPJHL is getting watered down now, there are way too many teams and there just isnt enough talent to support it, even in a hockey metropolis like the GTA .

Yeah I play in Toronto. Funny you bring that league up. Theres a 3rd liner on my school's JV team who got drafted to King City :lol: . King City with a Jr A team? Are you serious?

Even the OPJHL is getting watered down now, there are way too many teams and there just isnt enough talent to support it, even in a hockey metropolis like the GTA .

LOL they also gave one to Bradford, another hockey hot bed :rolleyes: I can guarentee that this league will be shit, because a kid I know that made the TC Moose isn't even good enough to make the local midget team. He's just a goon that can't skate or shoot, but he'll fight anyone. I also saw on the Toronto website that there will be autograph sessions after games.:o

OPJHL- the same teams get pounded year after year, but all the players are happy because "they play Jr. A." I got cut from Hamilton because of the rookie rule, but they invited me to play next year. I also had the chance to go to Mississauga but passed it up because they are always near the bottom of the pack and it's just not worth the time to get ruined every game. I'd like to play for Hamilton because they are in the most competitive division of the OPJHL. If they cut out all the teams that got under 30 points this season, it would make the league that much more competitive. The OHA should start to demote teams to Jr.B since they run both leagues.