Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EndGame

Should I be concerned about this?

I was gearing up for a game last night and noticed there's a small portion of the top of my Mission Carbster that's broken. It appears to just be the outer shell, but there's a small piece missing and some spiderweb cracks around it. I know exactly when it happened -- a couple of weeks ago I went flying into the boards while diving for a puck, and my head ended up sandwiched between the boards and an opposing player's knee.

Ya think I should be worried about the integrity and safety of the helmet being compromised? I'm a little irked that it broke because I love the helmet.

Since Carbster's are painted instead of the color being impregnated into the plastic, it is just the paint layer that has cracked. If you are concerned with it however, it's time for a new helmet. You never want doubt about equipment, if you focus on something other than what you are doing, you WILL get hurt.

Since Carbster's are painted instead of the color being impregnated into the plastic, it is just the paint layer that has cracked. If you are concerned with it however, it's time for a new helmet. You never want doubt about equipment, if you focus on something other than what you are doing, you WILL get hurt.

Actually, yours is the kind of answer I was hoping for. The part that is cracked LOOKED like just some kind of baked paint, but I wasn't sure. I played a game with the helmet last night because I had no choice. I'm not too worried about it anymore. I love that helmet ... fits me like a glove.

My carbster chipped from a high stick and the ref didnt call anything. If it was bad enough to chip my frickin helmet it deservd a call... But the weave under the paint would make for an interesting looking helmet

The carbster helmet has always had the paint problem with chipping.

Mission had two models for helmets that year, carbster and fibrester.

Way ahead of any other helmets at that time but the cost and development to make them were their downfall.