Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick411

'05 vector 6.0 vs new

hi there i'm new so if i could get a little help from the guru's. I've been skating on old graf 625 and they kill my for foot, the vectors seem to fit the best And sport check has 2005 6.0 for $179 cnd any diff in the new 6.0 vs old? also they have some easton sbx for $229cnd can't find much about them but they weren't chep last year. Also was thinking about 5k's. all these fit my feet and i'm a quick skater so looking for a good prefomer. I don't mind spending more, so any help would be appreciated

thanx a bunch

if your a quick skater like you say all of ur choices are kinda not in range for you... the old vectors had big problems with the top eyelids ripping out something with when you molded them and stuff..and the new ones got that fixed but the steel warps like crazy.. well basically on any CCM from my past experiences.. as for the Easton SBX the boot feels amazing in the store, it like immeditatly molds to ur foot but youll have a really hard time skating in them if ur a speedster cuz they feel like your skating in mush like you have no stride all the energy transfer goes to the boot and not the ice, id say go for the 5k pumps everyone that used them only said good things of them so id say spend the bit more cash and get a better skate even thow i never used them

-and welcome to the board dude

the old vectors had big problems with the top eyelids ripping out something with when you molded them and stuff..and the new ones got that fixed but the steel warps like crazy.. well basically on any CCM from my past experiences.. as for the Easton SBX the boot feels amazing in the store, it like immeditatly molds to ur foot but youll have a really hard time skating in them if ur a speedster cuz they feel like your skating in mush like you have no stride all the energy transfer goes to the boot and not the ice, id say go for the 5k pumps everyone that used them only said good things of them so id say spend the bit more cash and get a better skate even thow i never used them

-and welcome to the board dude

Not true. The eyelets ripped out because of incorrect heat molding and pulling too tight on the laces. Has nothing to do with the skate. I can rip the top eyelet out of any model skate if I heat mold incorrectly. As for steel warping???? What do you base this claim on? The steel on the new vector is the same as the old Vector and the same as the old Externo. BTW, the steel on the 5k pumps you recommend is exactly the same as the Vectors.

Right on thanx for the reply thats what i was thinking about the eastons so i think the 5k's will work or 7k's if i kind find them no one here seems to have plus no idea on price would be here either

still thinking graf but not sure

thanx agian

im just saying from what i noticed with past experiences with my vectors and my team mates vectors.. funny thow how i never baked my skates for that specific problem and i still ripped the eyelids out??

What about RBK 7k or 8k's? I've seen some crazy cheap prices on those skates.

I'm quite impressed with my 8k's. I liked the fit and the comfort but was a little skeptical about the performance. That is until I skated on them.

Ya i'm having a hard time finding sizes of skates in my area, but the 8k-7k's look nice my lhs suggested the new easton 800c (349cnd) or 1200 any one have these or an oppinion on them, other wise probably going with the 5k's 329cnd

so any one have the 800c (eastons) or the 1200 cause looks like the only skates coming in my size are the 5k's, 800c, 1200, and graf 705, 735 (might fit haven't tried yet, also little more then i wanted to spend)

Go for it but watch out if the top eyelets are too close to the stitching. They might pull out easier. I think if the eyelets are too close then you may have a first run of the skates when they first came out. I had a pair that had its stitching coming out too whereas others don't have that problem.

ill put in another vote for the 8K's. they are excelent skates and you can get them very cheap now. i would go for these over the 5K unless you really want the pump feature.

pm me if you have any specific questins about them.

ya seems like lots like them(8k) I'll have to do some more phoneing about them to see if I kind find some, not big on internet buying. so if i cant find them looks like 5k's unless the eastons feel great just not sure if lower end composite skates are a good idea, any one know how they (easton 800c) would compare to the Kor shift 1, I tried them a few weeks back and liked the fell just to stiff so i couldn't justify the price (650cnd)