Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Mission Fuel 110AG

Mission Fuel AG 110 7.5 EE

Previous Skates: Nike Quest V-12, Bauer Supreme 8090, Graf 502, Easton Ultra-Lite Pro CCM 1052 custom lite

5’6 150 lbs

Intro

I’ve had arch problems with pretty much every skate, lesser with the 8090s, but it was still there. This was the first year my LHS decided to stock Missions, but they only had the 95 and 85 so they got the rep to let me demo the 110s before I ordered them in.

Fit

I’ve got a wider foot on the flatter side so this skate fits pretty comfortably. My arch used to ache with almost all my previous skate but these feel pretty good, there is little to no pain. The only gripe I had was that the heel is slightly too wide, and when I baked them they became longer and don’t fit as well. 9/10

Blade/Holder

Wow I thought TUUK lightspeeds were the best holder around, but these are just as good and better because I can change the pitch without heel lifts. Also the steel is amazing, my past 2 skates have had warped steel, and these appear to be straight. 10/10

Weight- They aren’t bricks, but they’re not as light as the 8090s 8.5/10

Protection

The protection is ok…I took a slapshot off the foot and it stung for a bit but nowhere near as much as it did with my V-12s. 8/10

Durability

Used for about 30 hours and the only damage seems to be cosmetic. There are a few skate cuts down the side of the boot but the stiffness is still there.

edit:outsole is splitting underneath the heel, never happened to any of my other skates before 7/10

Conclusion

I waited about a month and a half before they got here but it was worth the wait. I wish I had molded the demo pair because I had no idea they expanded after molding. The forward flex is amazing in these; I don’t know how I was able to skate in V-12s before. So far these have been the best skates I’ve had, and I’ll continue to support Mission products.

Overall 8.5/10

Edited by blues_91

Mission Fuel AG 110 10 EE

Previous Skates: Mission S500, Kor Shift1, CCM 852, CCM 952, CCM 795, Salming F1, Graf 727

Intro

I'm a big believer in the Mission supplefit concepts and loved my S500 skates. I converted a lot of people that I know into Mission skates, in large part because they saw how happy I was with mine. I was given a pair of the Fuels and I compared them directly with a new pair of S500s. Much of this review is a direct comparison to the S500, my favorite skate and the direct predecessor to the Fuel AG 110.

Fit

The Fuels are much wider in the heel than I expected and much deeper in the ankle than I am used to using. They are also a little bit longer than S series skates, maybe 1/4 of a size larger in my size. I had difficulties getting my heel to stay locked in, even with a D width skate that I tried on. After breaking them in, they now feel sloppy and not nearly as responsive as my S500s. 6/10

Blade/Holder

No changes that I can see have been made to what I believe is the best holder and steel combo on the market. I can't say enough good things about the pitch, check my other reviews and topics if you want more info. 10/10

Weight

I really don't care about weight as much as I do comfort. I don't have a scale to compare weights but I don't feel as though the skates are holding me back in any way. Slightly lighter than my S500s, but not a "holy cow" moment when you pick them up. 8/10

Protection

If you block a shot, you are going to feel it. After using my S500s for a while I've adopted the Paul (Flamingo) Coffey shot blocking style of getting the hell out of the way. If you get hit in the feet with slappers a lot, these really aren't for you. That said, I have caught a few shots in the feet but have never had any serious damage. 7/10

Durability

I've had these since December 2005 and they still look like new for the most part. I don't use these as my primary skates, the S500s I got at the same time get much more use. These are relegated to officiating and pickup games while my S500s are drying. There are a couple spots where the outsole is pulling away from the boot and that's another reason they get less use. 6/10

Conclusion

I had high hopes for these skates and maybe that's part of the problem. I absolutely love my S500s and I was expecting an improvement, however minor, with the new model. I don't think that is true in this case and it is a major disappointment to me.